What's new

What is the key to consistency?

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
As soon as I think I've got it figured out (a few days of consistently nice Kava experiences) things go south.

Is there a point where not getting anything from the Kava means you need to decrease the amount used?

I've read repeatedly that Kava can be used every day - and has been for years - and still have a pleasant anxiolytic, mood-boosting effect, CONSISTENTLY.
And I know most anecdotal reports lean toward reverse tolerance being real, while some here have said they don't technically believe in RT.
So I'm wondering if I need to just cut down the amount.

The only bonus out of this is that since switching from AluBall back to traditional prep, my ashy skin went away.

There were three days in a row where traditional prep gave a mild but still wonderful end-of-day experience.
But the days following have been so disappointing.
(I've tried cayenne pepper, adding regular milk, almond milk, and trying blender before straining.)

I'm awaiting an order to try something different, as I've mainly used Loa Waka the past few months.

Would appreciate any feedback, because when Kava works, it works. But lately, it just doesn't.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
As soon as I think I've got it figured out (a few days of consistently nice Kava experiences) things go south.

Is there a point where not getting anything from the Kava means you need to decrease the amount used?

I've read repeatedly that Kava can be used every day - and has been for years - and still have a pleasant anxiolytic, mood-boosting effect, CONSISTENTLY.
And I know most anecdotal reports lean toward reverse tolerance being real, while some here have said they don't technically believe in RT.
So I'm wondering if I need to just cut down the amount.

The only bonus out of this is that since switching from AluBall back to traditional prep, my ashy skin went away.

There were three days in a row where traditional prep gave a mild but still wonderful end-of-day experience.
But the days following have been so disappointing.
(I've tried cayenne pepper, adding regular milk, almond milk, and trying blender before straining.)

I'm awaiting an order to try something different, as I've mainly used Loa Waka the past few months.

Would appreciate any feedback, because when Kava works, it works. But lately, it just doesn't.
Try adding a hefty teaspoon of sunflower lecithin to your dry kava in tne blender, I then pour on very warm water, stir, leave 1 hour, blend 2 minutes high, 2 minutes low, then strain.

It makes a super potent grog for me vs other methods, excluding traditional kneading.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Try adding a hefty teaspoon of sunflower lecithin to your dry kava in tne blender, I then pour on very warm water, stir, leave 1 hour, blend 2 minutes high, 2 minutes low, then strain.

It makes a super potent grog for me vs other methods, excluding traditional kneading.
Thank you so much for this! I've read of the use of lecithin and always associated it with soy, so I avoided it.
But I'm glad to know this, and will be giving it a try!

I'm also doing research into some of the other supplements and things I take, that may be interfering with it.

For example, coffee... I assumed one would not negate the other, given how far apart I drink them (one in the morning, the other in the afternoon) but there's apparently more going on with those enzymes than I figured.

I take a variety of things, and assumed that if something stops working when I've changed nothing... then something has accumulated / built-up.
For example, I was taking a hefty amount of Mucuna Pruriens (a bean, contains a dopamine precursor), Bacopa, Inositol, L-tyrosine, 5htp and a B-complex.

Really frustrating when you're trying to keep your mind/body in balance, and something sorta goes out of whack. :)

I'm off to find some sunflower lecithin now. Thank you!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you so much for this! I've read of the use of lecithin and always associated it with soy, so I avoided it.
But I'm glad to know this, and will be giving it a try!

I'm also doing research into some of the other supplements and things I take, that may be interfering with it.

For example, coffee... I assumed one would not negate the other, given how far apart I drink them (one in the morning, the other in the afternoon) but there's apparently more going on with those enzymes than I figured.

I take a variety of things, and assumed that if something stops working when I've changed nothing... then something has accumulated / built-up.
For example, I was taking a hefty amount of Mucuna Pruriens (a bean, contains a dopamine precursor), Bacopa, Inositol, L-tyrosine, 5htp and a B-complex.

Really frustrating when you're trying to keep your mind/body in balance, and something sorta goes out of whack. :)

I'm off to find some sunflower lecithin now. Thank you!
You are very welcome, I really hope the sunflower lecithin improves your experience.

I too would never have considered using soy lecithin and it was a delight to me many years ago now to discover there was also sunflower lecithin which is actually a pretty remarkable all round health supplement and general substance potentiation and extraction assister.

We use it to make our own homemade organic coconut oil infused cannabis and the sunflower lecithin is an indispensable part of the process in order to get the best extraction and highest level of potency.

It's also a thickener and an emulsifier I use it to make my own homemade curry sauces I just add 22 to 30g of coconut oil to a small saucepan, a big teaspoon of turmeric Cayenne and coriander powder each then possibly some cumin or curry powder or cardamom powder or you can mix and match but I always use turmeric and cayenne no matter what.

I warm this gently but I add a teaspoon of sunflower lecithin to melt it into the oil before I add whatever amount of water I desire for my preferred consistency and volume of curry sauce for that particular meal.

The sunflower lecithin substantially thickens and emulsifies the curry sauce so you can add more water and get more volume over all, or just have a thicker sauce depending on what you are serving it with.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
You are very welcome, I really hope the sunflower lecithin improves your experience.

I too would never have considered using soy lecithin and it was a delight to me many years ago now to discover there was also sunflower lecithin which is actually a pretty remarkable all round health supplement and general substance potentiation and extraction assister.

We use it to make our own homemade organic coconut oil infused cannabis and the sunflower lecithin is an indispensable part of the process in order to get the best extraction and highest level of potency.

It's also a thickener and an emulsifier I use it to make my own homemade curry sauces I just add 22 to 30g of coconut oil to a small saucepan, a big teaspoon of turmeric Cayenne and coriander powder each then possibly some cumin or curry powder or cardamom powder or you can mix and match but I always use turmeric and cayenne no matter what.

I warm this gently but I add a teaspoon of sunflower lecithin to melt it into the oil before I add whatever amount of water I desire for my preferred consistency and volume of curry sauce for that particular meal.

The sunflower lecithin substantially thickens and emulsifies the curry sauce so you can add more water and get more volume over all, or just have a thicker sauce depending on what you are serving it with.
I value this information!

Just got back from the health food store, the only place nearby where I could purchase sunflower lecithin today.
The downside is it's the NOW brand, in gel cap form. I'm totally fine with cutting open the capsules but am a little unsure of the amount.
Planning on using 5 capsules, or what should amount to a tsp, for use in this evening's Kava batch.

My question, if you don't mind helping further, is when I go to order some of this for future use (instead of cutting open gel caps - LOL), is it best to go with the oil or the powder sunflower lecithin?

I did some digging on here and found a process whereby one blends, strains, then (in a now cleaned-out blender) blends the strained Kava with the lecithin.
I figured it would be better to use the oil in the extraction process, but I imagine that would mess up the strainer bag, and also... it seems it's mainly useful for Kava absorption in the body, as opposed to "pulling" Kavalactones from the root material in extraction.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I value this information!

Just got back from the health food store, the only place nearby where I could purchase sunflower lecithin today.
The downside is it's the NOW brand, in gel cap form. I'm totally fine with cutting open the capsules but am a little unsure of the amount.
Planning on using 5 capsules, or what should amount to a tsp, for use in this evening's Kava batch.

My question, if you don't mind helping further, is when I go to order some of this for future use (instead of cutting open gel caps - LOL), is it best to go with the oil or the powder sunflower lecithin?

I did some digging on here and found a process whereby one blends, strains, then (in a now cleaned-out blender) blends the strained Kava with the lecithin.
I figured it would be better to use the oil in the extraction process, but I imagine that would mess up the strainer bag, and also... it seems it's mainly useful for Kava absorption in the body, as opposed to "pulling" Kavalactones from the root material in extraction.
No problem at all. I only ever used the powder form. Ebay always, I just look for the best price. Im UK, about £18 per kg.

I would go for powder personally. I dont see the oil/liquid version being any less or more effective. Except for Aluballing and shaking a strainer bag in a jar or Alubottle, I guess the oil would leach out into the water. I think it would be better to use powder. Sure the lecithin will still leach through at least a bit, which is no problem, but leave enough behind for 2nd or even 3rd washes.

I dont think the liquid form would mess up the strainer bag, as long as you wash it out with soapy water and rinse. But powder is perfectly adequate, surely cheaper too.

If you are unfamiliar with the shake in a strainer bag method, check out KrunkieMckrunkface 's posts and youtube videos. It is a very quick and easy method, potent as well.

Oh yes, also I add quality unrefined salt to my curry sauces. Refined salt in any form, especially table salt, is pure poison to the body. Honestly avoid like plague.

Redmond Real Salt is the best stuff I swear.

I commend you for being fully open to new ideas and suggestions, and especially for taking immediate initiative to source the most fastly available sunflower lecithin. Be well.