What's new

what is your favorite strainer

jurgencorey

just one more shell
What is your favorite strainer to use? I like the strainer bags from bula kava house but is there another good option you all use?

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Bula Kava sells what I've found to be the best strainers. I've been using one for the past 3 months with no issues. Love em'

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
I've been using knee high stockings for quite a while now too..Love them..they come like 100 to a box for $5-$6..Can't beat that!:D(y)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I bought a "Nut Milk Bag - Large 12"x10" Professional Chef Quality" on Amazon for ten bucks. It's fine (80 micron) monofilament nylon mesh. It has heavy stitching and reinforced seams along the outside. I can torque the hell out of it and it's been holding up great. A VAST improvement over the paint strainer bags I got at the hardware store. I used three of those nested, and I don't need to nest this one at all. It's super easy to clean too, even with grinds that have a lot of big fibers. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Of note is that I chose a finer mesh because I have an easily upset stomach and I wanted to get as much root matter out of the final strain as possible. There's still a small amount of very fine sediment at the bottom of the glass, but it's extremely fine.

Bert07

Me like da kava
@Steve Mariotti
I think we might have the same Nut Milk Bag; I also got it from Amazon. It does solid work and lets in just the right amount of sediment to add that extra kick. Very easy to clean too and quite durable.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I got some Fijian bag from amazon when I first started drinking and it's still in operation somehow. I've cleaned it quite a few times but that's it! Stitching is still pretty good and material feels strong.

50ShadesOfKava

Official Kava Muppet
When i looked up pany hoes on amazon, I found a button that said "Life's not a garden, dont be a hoe"... not that I was expecting better results... the nut milk bag search yielded an actual nut milk bag, so Im trying that. Shame my misconception of almonds having tiny tets was ruined.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
When i looked up pany hoes on amazon, I found a button that said "Life's not a garden, dont be a hoe"... not that I was expecting better results... the nut milk bag search yielded an actual nut milk bag, so Im trying that. Shame my misconception of almonds having tiny tets was ruined.
Haha. Made me laugh out loud in a rather quiet office.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
For those with sensitive stomachs or who get nausea and/or gurgling and or gale-force winds blowing over the poop deck, I can now highly recommend getting a 25 micron monofilament nylon filtration bag. It does require a lot more elbow grease than even nut milk bags when straining, but the extracted kava has almost NO sediment and I can now drink it every day instead of every other day with a day of (strangely happy) gurgling in between.