What's new

What the taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorildor

Kava Curious
Hello,(sry for my english)

I was into Mo'i and others Kava recently but I can't anymore, I can mix it with water or coke or juice or anything but I vomit and I HATE more and more this taste!
So I don't want to stop Kava, I'm really interested by Kava Candy as it seem to be in pill, but does it have a special taste or it's like any other pill?
And an other thing, I see that in a serving there is only 50 mg: kava kava extract (root) (https://kavakavacandy.com/shop/one-case-stress-relief-candy/) it's a bit /too little no? We are supposed to take 10/20 pill for an equivalent of 1 tablespoon?

Thanks

Last edited:

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
@thorildor Thanks for trying out the kava candy and hope you enjoy it. Although comparing actual mg content can give you a general idea of potency, delivery method and also type of kava can also change the effect of the product and how one feels. Because the candy is "sub-lingual" it effects people a little differently than ingesting. Here a link to a few reviews so you can get a better idea on how it might effect you and what you can expect: http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/ozia-kava-kava-candy-reviews.60/
Aloha!:D

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
They are awesome for after you eat because it bypasses the stomach. Very convenient for when your craving a shell but your stomach is too full. Also thorildor you cant taste kava in the candies at all. They make youR tongue numb but theyr actually pretty tasty.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
@thorildor, have you tried Kalm with Kava Concentrate? Buy a 10oz bottle and mix 1oz of concentrate to 7 ounces of water, and then drink it. You can sip this stuff, it tastes good. And while it's never gotten me as deep into a kava buzz as traditional prep, it's pretty close. And did I mention it's tasty?

I did an all-Kalm Concentrate kava session not too long ago and I was VERY happy with the results.

Usually, I keep some in the fridge for the end of a kava session where I'm not quite where I want to be and I can mix and drink as I go.

thorildor

Kava Curious
Thanks!

@thorildor, have you tried Kalm with Kava Concentrate? Buy a 10oz bottle and mix 1oz of concentrate to 7 ounces of water, and then drink it. You can sip this stuff, it tastes good. And while it's never gotten me as deep into a kava buzz as traditional prep, it's pretty close. And did I mention it's tasty?

I did an all-Kalm Concentrate kava session not too long ago and I was VERY happy with the results.

Usually, I keep some in the fridge for the end of a kava session where I'm not quite where I want to be and I can mix and drink as I go.
Thanks I just ordered it, as I see in reviews it's seem to have no taste or good taste, so great(because if it's a bit similar to traditional kava I think I'll vomit).

Butch

Kava Curious
I tried Kalm's regular relaxation drink (not concentrate) and the kava taste is essentially gone. There's some residual kava aftertaste, but it's not like the aftertaste from grog. If you give it to someone who's never had kava, they would probably think it was just a numbing kool-aid.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I tried Kalm's regular relaxation drink (not concentrate) and the kava taste is essentially gone. There's some residual kava aftertaste, but it's not like the aftertaste from grog. If you give it to someone who's never had kava, they would probably think it was just a numbing kool-aid.
Yeah, this is a refreshing drink you can make in no time flat that is great to sip over ice on a hot day. Drink too many, though, and you'll be asleep in the hammock with a big grin on your face.

thorildor

Kava Curious
I tried Kava concentrate, I drink 4 oz but no effect :s. But the taste is perfect, no kava taste but only a really pleasant!
Do you know what liquid they mix kava?

Try citric acid (Crystal Light Lemonade mix or equivalent) It does wonders to neutralize the taste.
Do you know other beverage who neutralize the taste?

Thanks!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I tried Kava concentrate, I drink 4 oz but no effect :s. But the taste is perfect, no kava taste but only a really pleasant!
Do you know what liquid they mix kava?

Do you know other beverage who neutralize the taste?

Thanks!
Crystal Light is this stuff:
Amazon productThere is probably something similar where you live if you are not in the US, or you can order it online. It's basically powder with citric acid, sweetener, and flavor. I mix in about 1-2 teaspoons of it per 4 cups of water. It works quite well.

thorildor

Kava Curious
Crystal Light is this stuff:
Amazon productThere is probably something similar where you live if you are not in the US, or you can order it online. It's basically powder with citric acid, sweetener, and flavor. I mix in about 1-2 teaspoons of it per 4 cups of water. It works quite well.
Thanks I'll buy that this morning and try: http://www.sodastream.fr/47-tonic.html and that: http://www.sodastream.fr/309-saveur-citron-original-375ml-.html it contains citric acid, sweetener and good flavor, as you said :).

thorildor

Kava Curious
I tried but it's still really difficult to drink it :s.

The man from drinkkalm.com told me that he mix it with Guava and seriously I never take it before but it is an awesome taste, one of my prefer beverage.
Just ordered 2x of 70cl syrup of Goya, I'll tell you if it's neutralized totally the taste like with Kalm with kava ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.