What's new

What's in your shell tonight?

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
What is everyone drinking tonight? I just got off work and have the day off tomorrow. So the lazy man that I am I just downed 3 tablespoons of borogu mixed and not strained in about a cup and a half of water. Still picking the bigger pieces out of my teeth! Might do another tbls. or two in an hour or so if I feel inclined. So what's in your shell everybody?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I guess I'm the only one on the forums that is partaking of the root tonight. Oh well, another bula for me soon!
Or the only one not already on the ::couch::

But I'm not really sure. Probably a mix of the bag of N@H tongan I need to finish off and whatever Vanuatu I have lying around.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Kule'a Melo Melo tonight, good to ease my mind...but lacking in body effect to relieve the strains of my workday :T

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Sounds good guys :) I am going to try some Black Stone tonight. First time in a while so I'll go easy :)

LoGun4340

Kava Curious
I'm sick so I don't know if this is a good idea but maybe some Moi from GHK will soothe my body for the rest of the afternoon and kill my cough for a bit. I wish everyone good health and I'll be back when looking at the screen dosnt hurt my eyeballs.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
2/3 Boronguru 1/3 GHK Moi. An interesting combination, nicely balanced head/body, goes well with guitar.
that's crazy, precisely what I've been drinking tonight. I often combine these two because I feel as if Boronguru is a timed release Moi. I also feel it takes the edge off Moi. Whenever I want to bump I drink some Moi and then every 30 min. or so quite a bit of Boronguru.

Last edited:

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I'm sick so I don't know if this is a good idea but maybe some Moi from GHK will soothe my body for the rest of the afternoon and kill my cough for a bit. I wish everyone good health and I'll be back when looking at the screen dosnt hurt my eyeballs.
yeah I've just got over this bug that's going around; prescribed antibiotics and cough medicine. The only kava I could stomach was Kava Boy. By the way mixing tussionex & kava is not a bright idea; found out the hard way

blindy107

Kava Lover
I had about 8 tbsp of the newer boroguru from BKH and it smoked me for the night. I made my grog with about 4 cups of water and 2 washes of the 8tbsp. Finished maybe half and got the aversion all of a sudden. Then my couch rose up and consumed me....then spit me into my bed. It was a heavy night for sure!

Tonight was 6-8 tbsp of mahakea medium...little more balanced. But have no idea how I'm still awake.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Well I know what will be in my shell tonight! My pound of 11 year waka will be arriving in about an hour! How would you guy recommend consuming this potent stuff? I was thinking of whisking 2 tablespoons in a bowl with about a cup and a half of water and taking it in two 6 ounce shells about 10 minutes apart. Maybe I should do three tablespoons and 18 oz. of water hehe. :hungry:

R

Rookietwoshoes

@ObiNouekFoNobl - wow. Thanks for the thorough explanation . I will have to investigate boronguru further . Deleted User seems to really dig it as well :)

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Well I have consumed 3 even tablespoons of the 11 year waka over the last 2 1/2 hours. All I can say is wow! Very heady, pronounced effects. I read somewhere on here that the 11 year starts heady and ends more sedating. I hope this is the case. Either way, I reckon the pound I purchased will last for quite a while!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'm jealous, mine should be here tomorrow. Maybe I'll hang a sign that says Samoa over my kava and then I can drink samoan kava too. Is that an instrument?