What's new

What's the most kava you've ever drunk in one sitting?

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Apropos of kavalover's thread on drinking too much, it seems like there are different perspectives on the
desirability of being krunk.  Personally, I try to avoid being krunk, opting for a light, social buzz after a day at the office.

I should note that I am basically a daily drinker but that I am also a total lightweight - 2tsp is my go-to amount.  Also I have terrible kava gag anxiety and will generally drink all of my brew in one fell swoop.  That said, the most I ever drank in one sitting was 6tbsp (0.375c).  (Which I talked about here: http://kavalounge.yuku.com/reply/2625/WOW-Kava-is-Available-Again#reply-2625)  It was basically a state of profound krunkness that obliterated my senses and my ability to deal with, or speak to, other people.  And I was completely hungover the next day.

I'm curious to hear
other kava drinkers' experience with, ahem, overdoing it.  Did you
enjoy it?   How often does it happen?

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
2-3 tablespoons. I drink it unfiltered if I can, but lately I've also been straining. I don't know how much a "shell" is in practice. But i usually blend, knead and strain and wind up with about 500ml of liquid. I drink that, then repeat the process with pulp one or two times. I do it all at once as well.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
About the same as Buddhacide. Using more than that at once just for myself seems like a waste. I like my kava stock to last and this way it can last for around 3 months.

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
I will never do this again, but I did 4 or 6 tablespoons of balckbag. I thought I didn't strain that much, so I took another shell. That last turned out to be the last of my batch. I was completely numb. Not a great feeling if you don't want to stay in the same place for an hour. It's not really enjoyable to drink kava all at once. Spacing shells is what I will always do.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
more casual drinker for the long haul.  I can drink all day but the way it works best (for me anyways) > bowl > water  > bowl  > water > food>>water  >>bowl...and keep it going for 8 hours or so...morning till evening lot of water in between.  Similar to when I gamble..not that I am a big gambler, but I like to make $100 bucks last all day. While I am gambling, I am drinking > white russian > coffee  > water  > white russian  > coffee > water....for hours.   For some reason anything else ends up making me feel terrible.  I guess I need to follow a pattern and pace that my body can handle.

More of a marathon drinker than a sprinter I guess :)

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I'm around a half cup as well, usually make a cup into a few quarts and drink one. I drank almost two once but that made me puke and pass out.

Islandtime

Kava Curious
Havent been on here in a while and it awsome how much activity it gets...but anyway I tend to lean toward heavy sessions with kava 1 cup/4-5 cups water soaked 1 hour and then squeezed for 10 15 mins empty stomach. I have been diggin BKH Boroguru I remember doing 1.5 cups once and that was some good krunk.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
islandtime said:
Havent been on here in a while and it awsome how much activity it gets...but anyway I tend to lean toward heavy sessions with kava 1 cup/4-5 cups water soaked 1 hour and then squeezed for 10 15 mins empty stomach. I have been diggin BKH Boroguru I remember doing 1.5 cups once and that was some good krunk.
Woo, maybe I shouldn't be so shy about the half-cup max. If my body will take it that sounds like it could be fun on rare occasions.

At home the most I have drunk would be around 2/3 of a cup of WOW mixed with 500ml of water which had been sitting in the fridge for couple of days and left me very krunked. I'm in Vanuatu right now, the other night I had around 8 (100vt) shells of fresh Malekula with a sell of Boroguru from another Nakamal thrown in and I was off my face.The last few days I have been having 3 shells around 430pm, then cold beers around 6pm - seems a good combo, and one I never thought I could do.The boatman on a ferry I was catching told me he has 10 shells in 1 hour every night when he finished work.

kl.NDG

Kava Enthusiast
I've put down about a cup to a cup and a half for png isa before. In one night, I felt absolutely terrible the next day and oddly enough was very stimulated the night of drinking.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Steve, we are both marathon drinkers. Remember the kava session we had 2 years ago at The Kava Festival? 2 straight days of drinking kava for me personally and Steve and I had a great time with some fresh kava I flew over to Honolulu with.

One of those epic sessions.

Hope to do it again this October for the Kava Festival~ What do you say Steve?

If anyone else from this forum shows up and if I'm there, you drink as much kava as you can handle on me.

So please take me up on this offer and let's meet up for a great kava session!

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Adil - would love too!  Sounds like a plan....although, I will probably have a little booth there for my candy so I will be in a working capacity and like to be "sharp".  Always nice to get away for a bit and share a good bowl :)