What's new

Kava Recipe What's your favorite "no-effort" toss-n-wash mixer (for micro)?

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Micronized Kava + water tastes terrible to me. I haven't had enough time to make micro syrup, and I don't own a strainer.

However, I have reached enlightenment: mixing micro with grapefruit juice is the most amazing thing ever. No need to strain, no need to do anything else. I have found my perfect 2-second kava recipe.

Anyone got any 2-second kava recipes of their own? Something that doesn't require anything other than a spoon, a cup, some micro, and (insert liquid of your choice here)?

Bueller?

Wigman

Kava Enthusiast
Chocolate syrup is pretty good, I just add some to a mug of micro kava water. I'd never drink chocolate syrup and water normally, but now I can almost fool myself into thinking that I'm drinking a weird Yoohoo or something (not really).

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Micronized Kava + water tastes terrible to me. I haven't had enough time to make micro syrup, and I don't own a strainer.

However, I have reached enlightenment: mixing micro with grapefruit juice is the most amazing thing ever. No need to strain, no need to do anything else. I have found my perfect 2-second kava recipe.

Anyone got any 2-second kava recipes of their own? Something that doesn't require anything other than a spoon, a cup, some micro, and (insert liquid of your choice here)?

Bueller?
Yes I have a micronized grapefruit recipe, in the recipe section. Just remember Grapefruit juice, can potentiate, other medications. So make sure your not on any medications that could be potentiated. But yea, it dose rock, taste wise. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

On a diet are ya? Club Soda, Ice and lots of Lime. Cranberry Juice and Orange Juice is also a no brainer since you are bound to have it. Pomegranate Juice is Awesome for darker Kavas because it keeps its color. My brain tells me that Purple Colored Drinks taste better than Muddy Colored drinks. I also developed a recipe by copying an ice cream soda I used to have at the old Time Drugstore 40 years ago. Club Soda, Lots of Chocolate Syrup, Ice, and some Sugar Syrup/Condensed Milk. Hmmmm, that is soooo good. There recipes only work with Micronized or instant.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I'd skip mixing it with grapefruit juice based on its p450 inhibition. Could be a potential negative interaction.
I have heard that it dose potentiate some medications. I also know some people drink it for that reason. But I had no idea, it would effect kava in a different way. Could you please elaborate for me. Could it inhibit, kava, by pulling negative things from the kava? Or were you referring to what I said, by it possibly, potentiate other medications that one may be on (like say opiates) that could cause bad effects, while on Kava?