What's new

Which kava for pain?

kavasam

Kava Curious
I did a search on here and on the internet for kava and pain. No one said which kava. They just say kava helps with pain. That doesn't help much. I'm assuming a heavy one like maybe Stone but I wondered if anyone here has had experience with it for pain and which one you used.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I did a search on here and on the internet for kava and pain. No one said which kava. They just say kava helps with pain. That doesn't help much. I'm assuming a heavy one like maybe Stone but I wondered if anyone here has had experience with it for pain and which one you used.
What type of pain are you experiencing? I've found that a heavy kava seems to bring equal or greater relief than ibuprofen in terms of inflammatory pain.

kavasam

Kava Curious
A pretty ripping headache right now but I was curious for any future issues. I can't take Aleve or ibuprofen because of medication I'm on. Just now took a dose of Stone, hope it works. I'm very used to it, just never took it for pain.

Blergs

Kava Curious
I wasn't a fan of stone at all personally myself, but others seem to like it.
Good luck!

I like Ofa's or a decent fijan myself. Fijan maybe more for pain , but they all have a minimal affect in that regard for me, but I deal with alot of pain from old car accident and arthritis