What's new

Which would you pick out of these 4?

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Greetings, fellow Kava enjoyists.

I'm in your classic which-Kava-do-I-go-with-tonight situation and thought it would be interesting to see which you guys would pick.
Here's what I have:

KWK Samoa Ava
KWK Vula Waka
BKH Nambawan
BKH Temo

The Samoa Ava has been my daytime go-to, but (as happens with me and Kava) things sorta went south and I don't get the superb uplift I was getting.
Nambawan is the most potent of the bunch for me, but is the most likely to make me nauseous in larger amounts.
Temo just tastes... unlike any Kava I've had.

Thanks for your feedback! Hope to start a session here in an hour or so.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Greetings, fellow Kava enjoyists.

I'm in your classic which-Kava-do-I-go-with-tonight situation and thought it would be interesting to see which you guys would pick.
Here's what I have:

KWK Samoa Ava
KWK Vula Waka
BKH Nambawan
BKH Temo

The Samoa Ava has been my daytime go-to, but (as happens with me and Kava) things sorta went south and I don't get the superb uplift I was getting.
Nambawan is the most potent of the bunch for me, but is the most likely to make me nauseous in larger amounts.
Temo just tastes... unlike any Kava I've had.

Thanks for your feedback! Hope to start a session here in an hour or so.
For tonight, given the info, I would go with the Vula waka since it's balanced. In general I recommend the Fiji Vanua Tongan as a replacement for the Samoa or a daytime kava, even try mixing the Samoa and Tongan together for interesting results.

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
For tonight, given the info, I would go with the Vula waka since it's balanced. In general I recommend the Fiji Vanua Tongan as a replacement for the Samoa or a daytime kava, even try mixing the Samoa and Tongan together for interesting results.
Got some Fiji Vanua Tongan on order and am excited to try it!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Man, that sounds wonderful!

:D I do recall you liking this one! Even the TASTE!?! Hrmmmmm. :D
Nambawan tastes like heaven to me. Has that “fresh” taste because dried green instant high quality Vanuatu root is added to the dried high quality root, enough to give it that fresh taste and feel. Plus, as I say, the components of the blend are of the highest quality. I wouldn’t say it’s the best tasting kava only because there is no such thing, there’s such a wide range of really good taste in kavas. Believe it or not, one of the major criteria for me in choosing a kava is the flavour. Of course, Squanch gets a special dispensation, pun intended.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Vula Waka is the absolutely worst tasting kava for me. It tastes outright vile. For others it was OK. I think I'd sample the uplifting Samoan or the potent Sambawan.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Believe it or not, one of the major criteria for me in choosing a kava is the flavour.
I believe.

Why?

Because boiling water brew* and
Vula Waka are pushing the limit of drinkability to wrong side and I have actually liked some cold water brews of mild Tikaram's Vanuatu or pine / mango peel Borongoru.

* Tested with Solomon Headhunter and Loa Waka, both well drinkable