What's new

Why don't I get Reverse Tolerance ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I hear so many people talk about Reverse Tolerance with Kava, but actually the opposite has happened with me. I seem to build up a tolerance, as I need more and more of it, to get the same results. Does this happen to anyone else ? And what are the possible reasons ?
I will specify that I don't drink it every single day though. Do you need to drink it every day, to have RT occur ?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I don't think everybody gets RT.

I took 2 months of daily drinking to get any effects, but then after that it is basically stable. I drink a lot more kava over the past several months, but that's not because I need more to get the same effects. I just got really good at drinking kava, so I can drink a lot of it. I can pretty much adjust the prep to get plenty of effect from a small amount of root if I choose, or varying amounts.

I have a 20 oz British pint glass (the one with the single bulge near the top and no handle, not the one with a handle and lots of dimples) with ice and Nambawan right next to me now. Not getting krunk, not even really getting mellow. Just having a pleasant beverage of an evening. Tastes good, refreshing. Made it with 2 TBS root and an Aluball (325 ml first wash, 250 ml second) I don't drink this to replace beer or as a substitute or anything, I drink it for itself. But it is where beer used to be what seems a lifetime ago.