What's new

Why is micronized so much stronger?

BourbonMac

I like herbs
I got in my shipment of Lewena today and was vibing some after 20g, then took another 20g, and now I'm taking another 20g. Still does not compare to taking 20g medium grind first and then going for the micronized. Don't get me wrong I feel good, even had some NOW brand capsules (noble, don't worry, unlike herb pharm) and it's nowhere near the level of immense euphoria I get from micronized.

I have some new micro coming soon but it's kind of disappointing how much less I feel it tonight. Like now on this last cup I feel maybe about if I'd done 12g of micro after medium grind or something. Then again I know kava can also just not be consistent, but for awhile now it's been hitting 90% of the time. The last time I didn't feel it I'd eaten way too much pizza and the fiber from the micro likely didn't break down too well, since medium grind I was feeling good.

I did have Vanuatu before and there's no doubt it's way stronger. Numbs my whole mouth, this one not so much, but I wanted a heady kava to compliment the euphoria I get from taking micro after. USPS is having delays thoug, this got here 3 days late. I hope the micro will come in next few days, it does make me pretty constipated (medium grind doesn't) but I don't mind, miralax is an easy solution.

I'm definitely gonna be pissing like all night lol. I hope I don't wet the bed, I think I actually did once when I had this amount. But yeah, I guess now at 60g I feel pretty similar to last night when I did 20g Vanuatu and finished off my Boronguru which was only 11.5g, was having immense euphoria from that, usually I need to re-dose after. I'm sure if I did I would've reached heaven. This stuff is magic when it hits. Maybe the micronized kava simply hits harder, it's basically like the kief or hash of kava, right?

Yeah, even after finishing that I don't feel anywhere near the heaviness I would from micronized. Getting Pouni Ono from KWK, hope it comes soon. USPS says it won't be here till saturday and initially said there may be delays due to weather. Usually stuff will arrive a day or 2 early though IME. But yeah, I feel kinda shitty. I spent so much time prepping all that kava only to feel as good as if I took 10g of micro. 60g of medium grind is a lot

It seems the general consensus from reading on Reddit, it was claimed to be 2x stronger because it has kavalactones that straining you simply can't get. I guess that would make sense. Still, I'm gonna be pissing myself probably lol...

Last edited:

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Why'd this get moved to new members? I've been on here for about a year. Figured general kava discussion was the right place to put it since that's all I'm really talking about. Unless all questions get moved to new members.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Why'd this get moved to new members? I've been on here for about a year. Figured general kava discussion was the right place to put it since that's all I'm really talking about. Unless all questions get moved to new members.
It's not about how long you have been here, it is about how many times I have seen that question over the years. If you dig around, you'll find most of your answers in other threads. Don't take it personally, I don't care who posts it, I will still move it if I feel like it belongs somewhere else.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Late to this, no problem, though I am curious still. I'm also wondering about warm/hot water vs room temp. Like usually while straining the water is warm but it can end up at room temp once I'm done straining because I have a bad furnace and my house is freezing always.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Huh, it seems that some people think micronized is weaker, why would that be? Because it definitely is a LOT stronger than medium grind, to me and I know I've read of other experiences of people finding it a lot stronger. In one post on reddit kavapros even says that even if you strain it, it's 2x stronger than medium grind which is totally true for me, I haven't just used Aluball, I kneaded it plenty of times but didn't consider the extra bit of effect worth it over just being able to shake a ball around. I think people often don't use the ball for long enough, kavafied only does it for 1 minute in his video for instance, I do it for like, 3-5 minutes first wash, then 2nd wash about 2 minutes. Then any left over water I'll do a small 3rd wash for like 30 seconds.

Last edited: