What's new

will Papa Kea come back?

hightides42

our Roots run deep
a question I've been silently dreading to ask, since Papa Kea did not appear to make transition to new website and the two pounds ordered what seems so long ago was really my first significant "I love everything about this!" kava experience.

will it be back, med grind or instant, in the foreseeable future?

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
The last batch of papa kea last spring was so strong. I have like maybe 70 g left. I just cant find myself killing it. I never wanna run out its that good... truly was was the strongest hawaain to date @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

hightides42

our Roots run deep
that spring harvest was my introduction to GHK and 'awa, and it was significant! we got both Papa Kea and Mahakea at the time and by time we got to really try them the Papa Kea sold out. Once it appeared it would be out of stock for who knows how long we started ordering Mahakea a lot to build up a bit of stock, then Mo'i, Hiwa,Nene and Ikaika showed up and we've jumped on ordering those quite a lot.

still hoping the elusive and delicious Papa Kea once again shows up, will order at least 5#, if not 10! :happy: ::KavaChug::

hightides42

our Roots run deep
I'm saving up for the run :D

Chris, I'm curious approximately how much dried root you get from one 'Awa plant, on average. also typical number of plants harvested at a time and maybe per year?

i imagine this may be sensitive / close hold type info, disregard if so, looking for general idea not exacts.