What's new

Wow! Kava

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
The silent king of Kava. This stuff has washed over me tonight like warm, massaging rapids. I just want to fly to the stars and then return to earth like it's no big deal. It isn't. We are all part of this universe, after all. Tired of stress? Retire of it.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
Had this for New Years. Using the 2 tbsp per cup, it dosent particularly floor you, but its so damn good. So mild tasting yet so strong. Amazing kava right there.

S

Sandman

I heard great things about this stuff (specifically WOW!), but I'm starting to think I'm doing it wrong. I followed the directions from Nakamal @ Home (1 cup per 2 cups of water, filter, squeeze, recombine, blend, refilter, discard, refilter). I drank half the batch in a single go, and while I get a little spacey, it really didn't do it for me. I've been using kava several times a week for almost 6 months, and I keep waiting for the really overwhelming experiences that others have talked about (getting "krunk") but I haven't had anything more than a pleasant feeling and reduced anxiety.

Don't get me wrong - the reduced anxiety is nice, and it's very easy to get to sleep, but I keep hoping for a little more. I wonder if my expectations are out of whack. I used to use K@ all the time, and that was sort of what I was expecting - couch lock, easy conversation, overwhelming body high, heightened senses. Am I asking too much of kava?

Ozzyfan121

Pretentious, Wannabe Philosopher
Unfortunately, kava won't meet your expectations if you are wanting K@-like effects. K@ is a pleasantly unusual substance, due to its activation of opiate/oid receptors; I've actually gotten more euphoria and sedation from K@ than I have from some lower level pharmaceutical opiates, namely codeine. Kava and K@ synergize quite well; this combination feels almost like a mild hydro/oxy/dope buzz with either a low dose of a benzo or maybe a shot or two of booze tacked on. Of course, these "natural" and legal effects will, unfortunately, never be as potent as illicit ones, but those potent effects come with social, family, physical, and monetary ramifications.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Sorry to hear you're not having more luck, Sandman.  If it's gonna happen for you, Wow! should be one to do it, and certainly in the quantity you describe.  
My broken-record advice around here is always to drink kava on an empty stomach.  I'm guessing you already figured that out, though.  (Even though I mostly use it for its sociability, being alone for the first twenty minutes after ingestion and really trying to quietly focus on its effects might help, too.)
Funny, kava and K@ are apples and oranges to me, tough to compare, though fascinating to hear both of your experiences with it.  I kinda feel like mine was the inverse.  I did get some of the warm, pleasant head/body feeling and euphoria.  I eventually finished my bag of it but the disruption of sleep and terrible mood it put me in the following hours never made me want to return.

S

Sandman

Funny story, true story: mixed up the remainder of my 1/2 kilo of WOW! last night (less than a half a cup) with a little over two cups of water. I had decided I'd had enough and, since I'm a pretty big guy (6'4", 210 lbs), I would need to up the dosage a little bit. I did the usual prep. 
Now contrary to some others here, rather than drink kava early on an empty stomach (which disrupts meal times with my family and interferes with other activities I have in the early evening) I wait until a few hours after I've eaten, and drink it a few hours before bed. Last night I drank approximately a cup and half in about 45 minutes (which, given my understanding of the math, works out to about 5 shells). 
Apparently that was the trick. I felt WONDERFUL. All of the euphoria and relaxation I was hoping for, with none of the speediness of K@ (note bene: I had to quit K@ entirely after developing a bit of a habit. Kava seems much more benign). So thanks for all the encouragement. I seem to have found the magic formula.

kl.ComfortablyNumb

Kava Curious
I agree Ozzy. Ditto on the 'opi-like' feeling euphoria and sedation from K@. Although I enjoyed it, I had to give it up for good because of certain side effects. :(

Now as for WOW! kava, it also tends to be very expensive-- double of other kava's. And although it is potent and good stuff, it tends to really make made heave and gag! LOL. Because I just happen to prefer the darker, wild and spicey variety. Hey to each his own. :) Dan is right-on...you want to drink kava WOW! on an empty stomach. 

The most popular Vanuatu that we like chemotype examples are--246531 & 426135-- have dihydrokavain, kavain & methysticin as the first three lactones.

Some other Vanuatu Chemotypes of the 426 or 246:
~Melomelo kava (Vanuatu)
~Stone kava (Vanuatu)
~White sand kava (Vanuatu)
~Black sand kava (Vanuatu)

kl.cpax

The current batch is from August 2, so it's not extremely fresh.  Has anyone tried it recently?  If so...how was it?

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
i need to order some in the next week or so, i'll post if no one else has tried it

i love wow, hopefully its still good

Calvincs

Kava Curious
How does Solomons compare to Wow or/and Stone?

I love Solomons, and I hear great things about Wow, so just curious.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
calvincs said:
How does Solomons compare to Wow or/and Stone?

I love Solomons, and I hear great things about Wow, so just curious.
Wow! is the most memorable kava I have tried yet. Haven't tried Solomons but wow is much different than Stone. I stepped outside after a shell of wow and I couldn't stop focusing on the moon I was totally drawn into it and marveling at it. It seemed more like a Nootropic. I will probably give it another try again some day but it's not quite what I'm looking for right now.

Calvincs

Kava Curious
Thanks Piper, I ordered some Stone and Wow, as well as some Solomons.  Both Stone and Wow are new to me, but I can personally vouch for Solomons, its just amazing.  Much more of a cerebral/mind lift, with euphoria, and food taste amazing!  I was wondering if Wow was in the same boat.  From what I understand, stone is a good balance of mind and body, very chill.  

Since Ive ordered all of them, Ill let everyone know my personal thoughts after a few sessions.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
calvincs said:
Thanks Piper, I ordered some Stone and Wow, as well as some Solomons.  Both Stone and Wow are new to me, but I can personally vouch for Solomons, its just amazing.  Much more of a cerebral/mind lift, with euphoria, and food taste amazing!  I was wondering if Wow was in the same boat.  From what I understand, stone is a good balance of mind and body, very chill.  

Since Ive ordered all of them, Ill let everyone know my personal thoughts after a few sessions. 
I definitely will get some Solomons I'm starting to really enjoy the uplifting varieties after favoring the heavy dhm ones for so long. I'd say Wow is very cerebral also but it can wobble you too if you have enough. Stone does produce a nice mind lift and can be strong enough to make you sit down but sometimes it can even make ppl with an iron gut a little nauseous!