What's new

Your Favorite Kava From AoK?

Lenticels

AluNaw
I know some folks have already aired their thoughts on this topic in other threads, but I'm just looking to re-ignite it as they have quite a few single cultivar kavas in relation to other vendors; so, I'd just like to hear some more opinions.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
Probably the temotu purple. One of my least favorite especially with price taken into consideration personally is that new koro batch. I love AOK tho as long as they keep their prices where they are now I have no reason to shop anywhere else even if I might like their stuff a tiny bit more

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Probably the temotu purple. One of my least favorite especially with price taken into consideration personally is that new koro batch. I love AOK tho as long as they keep their prices where they are now I have no reason to shop anywhere else even if I might like their stuff a tiny bit more
Yah we try to keep pricing pretty steady even as they rise for us.

The only reason koro is more expensive tho is that its that much more for us. Comparatively its suuuper hard to get and expensive. I think its worth getting tho.

Solid hint as well, u can subscribe to any of the kava amd reduce ur cost significantly.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Just to clear any ambiguity here, you mean the one that's just lateral roots, right?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Lenticels you seriously know your kava. If you have time and you don't mind talking about kava with a bunch of kava nerds, we run a zoom meeting twice a week once on Wednesday at 8PM CST and once on Saturday at 8PM CST at the following link: https://zoom.us/j/93995276321

No pressure, but we would love to have you IF you have the time :)

Lenticels

AluNaw
@Lenticels you seriously know your kava. If you have time and you don't mind talking about kava with a bunch of kava nerds, we run a zoom meeting twice a week once on Wednesday at 8PM CST and once on Saturday at 8PM CST at the following link: https://zoom.us/j/93995276321 No pressure, but we would love to have you IF you have the time
Appreciated, but I have a rather nasal voice that'd probably irritate some folks (but I guess a lot of us do, ha), & I'm too reserved to show my face, as well.

More importantly, l also get fidgety doing anything like that.

(And I'd consider my level of knowledge to just be okay-ish: kastom_lif, e.g., has a deeper knowledge base, I think.)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Appreciated, but I have a rather nasal voice that'd probably irritate some folks (but I guess a lot of us do, ha), & I'm too reserved to show my face, as well.

More importantly, l also get fidgety doing anything like that.

(And I'd consider my level of knowledge to just be okay-ish: kastom_lif, e.g., has a deeper knowledge base, I think.)
And you're humble. Hey, if you ever want to come chat it up with some nerds, we're here for you. Then again....we're here on the forums too, lol. I love kava. Thanks for taking an interest in it.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
Just to clear any ambiguity here, you mean the one that's just lateral roots, right?
I meant to say temo. Temotu is some rly good stuff but it's too heady for my personal tastes. The bir kar & demu are also in my top favs. The feo is pretty unique & great for getting stuff done.

Lenticels

AluNaw
I meant to say temo. Temotu is some rly good stuff but it's too heady for my personal tastes. The bir kar & demu are also in my top favs. The feo is pretty unique & great for getting stuff done.
I've actually been thinking about cultivars that might "help" motivate you, somehow, in order to get more housework done... ha... many seem to do the exact opposite.

Do you find puariki to be good for getting menial tasks done?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Idk about them, but I do find puariki to go well in the morning mix for work. I like to blend it with some lawena, palasa, or borogu from another vendor.

Lenticels

AluNaw
Idk about them, but I do find puariki to go well in the morning mix for work. I like to blend it with some lawena, palasa, or borogu from another vendor.
Palasa? That's the first I've heard of that cultivar, interesting... how do you like it?

(I thought you meant to say palarasul at first, ha... I've seen a couple others botch its spelling before.)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Palasa? That's the first I've heard of that cultivar, interesting... how do you like it?

(I thought you meant to say palarasul at first, ha... I've seen a couple others botch its spelling before.)
Palasa is an interesting cultivar. I and others experienced the same wild effect. It gives you crazy dreams. Like dreams you could swear were real.