What's new

Your web site critters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Yeah I have to add some new pics on there for sure. Glad to hear people actually click on that page. I was trying to make it a little more fun than just a straight up sales website.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I would so love to see that! Your birds are adorable. :)

By the way, what about the AluBall XL? That would make a perfect toy :ROFLMAO:
I need to remember when I get home and do my after work shake. She hears me and makes a water glug, glug, glug type sound. Like when you pour milk or water real fast out of a jug, that sound. She did before we got her but the sound of me shaking the aluball triggers her to do it. It's tricky to catch her with the phone camera though.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
if sugar gliders and cats could be friends I'd love to have one :unsure:
Sugar Gliders are high maintenance. And yeah snack sized too for some dogs and/or cats. Our hedgehogs are easy to keep and have that natural spiked line of defense. So they can hold their own with cats. My cats and dogs are super chill. I can have Roxanne our lap cat on my lap and a parrot too while the parrot is curiously beaking the cat like what are you anyway. The only problem dog we have is the tiniest one, Eevee our little Pomeranian. She can't be trusted near sugar gliders. I am pretty sure she thinks they are chew toys the way she watches them. Little bitch :)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Sugar Gliders are high maintenance. And yeah snack sized too for some dogs and/or cats. Our hedgehogs are easy to keep and have that natural spiked line of defense. So they can hold their own with cats. My cats and dogs are super chill. I can have Roxanne our lap cat on my lap and a parrot too while the parrot is curiously beaking the cat like what are you anyway. The only problem dog we have is the tiniest one, Eevee our little Pomeranian. She can't be trusted near sugar gliders. I am pretty sure she thinks they are chew toys the way she watches them. Little bitch :)
If I put my cat in your delicate environment the birds would go first, followed by the gliders and I couldn't make any promises about the hedgehogs or the small dog either.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Do you breed the hedgehogs? I was shocked at how much those little things go for.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Do you breed the hedgehogs? I was shocked at how much those little things go for.
Yes Mrs. Squanch has a bunch of them and breeds them. She even keeps track of the lineage so no deep south stuff happens ;). And breeds for temperament too. You can breed a lot of the shyness out where they don't ball up Sonic style as much and don't fret human interaction. We has several color strains, the dark badgers are the big hit in the hedgehog circles these day. Yeah from about $100 to $300 they go for from a breeder.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Yes Mrs. Squanch has a bunch of them and breeds them. She even keeps track of the lineage so no deep south stuff happens ;). And breeds for temperament too. You can breed a lot of the shyness out where they don't ball up Sonic style as much and don't fret human interaction. We has several color strains, the dark badgers are the big hit in the hedgehog circles these day. Yeah from about $100 to $300 they go for from a breeder.
That sounds like fun! I just got a half dozen Coturnix quail and I like them so much I'm thinking of getting some males and an incubator... but hedgehogs might be even more fun.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
That sounds like fun! I just got a half dozen Coturnix quail and I like them so much I'm thinking of getting some males and an incubator... but hedgehogs might be even more fun.
We used to have pigeons and doves outside, they were fun. Mrs. Squanch breeds Pacific Parrotlets, and some Sugar Gliders too. Hedgehogs sell pretty steady and Florida is like the exotic pet capital of the US. So it might be a fun and profitable family project for you. Make sure you get unrelated parents so the babies don't get head wobble disease. Make sure you know the lineage of your breeder stock before you buy any then no worries of spreading the disease. Easy to find out from quality breeders. After that it is just quality food, mood lighting, and 70's soul music and you will be swimming in baby spikers :D
I love our birds they are a lot of fun. I had to take a pic for a new page on the website. And Pookah our Goffin's dwarf Cockatoo decided to Vogue the kava photo shoot lol. She tried to fly off with the bag of Lawena too ::tpbricky::
Pookah kava.jpg
Pookah stealling my kava.jpg

Jerome

Kava Lover
The Cockatoo's are beautiful. I wish I could have brought a few back from Australia last time we were there.

I'll have to look into the hedgehogs. My kids would be in heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.