What's new

Zetawize Kava from Amazon

kaba

Kava Curious
Anyone here tried Zetawize kava from Amazon? when I just started drinking kava few months ago, I ordered it simply because it is Ultra Fine, no need to strain kava. Since then I tried KBR Vanuatu3 and BKH Boroguru and Fu'u. I like Boroguru a lot but the one that really gets me krunk is this Zetawize kava. It is the WORST tasting kava from the ones I have had and even the smell of it can make me wanna puke. Also, sometimes after I drink it, I get very nauseous. I wrote an email to sellers but they said they couldn't disclose the name of this Kava strain. They only said its from Vanuatu. I just wanted to know if anyone tried it and what strain it could be. If it tasted even slightly better I would be drinking it all the time, the effects are that strong.

infraredz

BULA!
Would you describe the taste or smell as piney at all? Could be a tudei as these sorts of kava have a higher incidence of nausea and vomiting and most people describe the taste as very pungent. Tudeis also make for potent kavas. Honestly, I wouldn't trust a vendor on Amazon with kava (especially after reports regarding FKB) when we have so many great, reputable kava vendors here.

That's my (limited) guess based on what you said. That being said, if I'm right, it couldn't have come from Vanuatu as they don't allow export of tudei and you should stay away from it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'm personally not a fan of finely ground kavas at all. I believe they cause nausea personally.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Wait a second, looking at the price on their website -- are you paying $108 for a kilogram of kava? Yikes! How are you preparing the other kavas you've had?

kaba

Kava Curious
I paid 80 for a kilo, including shipping. I prepare other kavas the way Rex recommends-five minutes of squeezing kava in a nylon stocking. BTW, do you guys discard the kava after that or use it again later?

P

pitshack

I throw mine out after the first sqeeze. I know there are alot of folks on her that do a second soak though.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I paid 80 for a kilo, including shipping. I prepare other kavas the way Rex recommends-five minutes of squeezing kava in a nylon stocking. BTW, do you guys discard the kava after that or use it again later?
Total guess here, but try using the rolling pin method (http://kavalounge.yuku.com/topic/1549) and working on it for about 10 minutes or so. I bet part of the reason you find the super-fine kava to be more potent is because you're not spending quite enough time working the kavalactones out of the other kavas and into the water. Kavalactones don't dissolve in water, so you need to beat the crap out of them in order to get them to cooperate (or just drink it all as you've been doing with the super fine kava, but that has downsides as well).

I always make two washes with my kava. The second wash I find is not as potent but still good. The third time it becomes very thin and watery, so I don't bother.