What's new

I Love Kava Friday Had to check my laptop to be sure, but it's FRIDAY

Jerome

Kava Lover
A little bit for safety -- mine! My wife will be there too, and if I'm rooted and relaxed while she is dealing with the kids,
it won't go well. :)

And, yes, I can't appreciate the effects at all with all the commotion going on. Just not fun at all.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I drink lightly while the kids are still awake and then when they hit the sack, I guzzle. But usually, even with quite a bit of kava, I find that adrenaline, or any sort of excitement, pretty much chases away the sedation.

For example, and of course I go back to fishing, but if I've been drinking quite a bit of kava, and I throw out a line at the beach and get hooked up with a big fish, the excitement usually knocks away the intoxicating effects of kava.

Makes me wonder if you were good and rooted, and an emergency arose, would you be able to function optimally?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Breaking news! It was @Kavasseur who exiled Namby. Apparently Mr. Sseur does not recognize satire when he sees it. This is a growing problem in our country; millions of people don't realize that Donald Trump's presidential candidacy is intended as satire, for example...Let us all prayerfully hope that Mr. Sseur's sense of humor comes back. :angelic

verticity

I'm interested in things
More breaking news! @Namby Pamby has just announced that he is starting his own kava advocacy group, to be called The False Kava Group. Please donate generously!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
The kid turned nine yesterday but the party is outside! tomorrow at 1:00 at the local park. Then we are going to stay at a hotel with an idoor pool after that. The kid thinks hotels are super cool for some reason. So I plan on having lots of Kava, during the annual heat index birthday party :) I will play it safe with Lawena of course, strictly heady so there isn't a sighting of a Krunk Ape crashing a birthday party reported in Virginia tomorrow.
I was listening the Moth on NPR while doing field work today. The guest said something I thought was so funny that I almost had to pull over from cracking up like a mad man.
He was explaining a crush he had as a child on his teacher. He said the best term to describe what that was like was to describe how all the relationships were in his adult life. The term was asymmetrical.

verticity

I'm interested in things
More breaking news! The name of the False Kava Group has been changed. It is now going to be called the False Kava Boys (FKB). It's not just a "boys club", despite the name. Females are welcome to join so long as they posses a male member. The male member doesn't have to be attached to the female.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Gotcha. Makes sense. I drink lightly while the kids are still awake and then when they hit the sack, I guzzle. But usually, even with quite a bit of kava, I find that adrenaline, or any sort of excitement, pretty much chases away the sedation.

For example, and of course I go back to fishing, but if I've been drinking quite a bit of kava, and I throw out a line at the beach and get hooked up with a big fish, the excitement usually knocks away the intoxicating effects of kava.

Makes me wonder if you were good and rooted, and an emergency arose, would you be able to function optimally?
Not worth the risk. If it were just me and young-uns I would definitely not partake.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
They say an out-of-towner stopped by Kowalonek's Kilebasa Store in Shenandoah PA. While there he asked for some of that there fancy sausage. They say he was never seen again. There's a big sign on the store now that says True Kielbasa Certified.
http://www.kielbasy.net/

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Those look like sausage kielbasy pretzels
Smart edit from a smart man. That Kielbasa Syndicate is everywhere....

The first time I was there it was overwhelming, and the staff went out of their way to make me feel uncomfortable. All Soup Nazi style. It was a good drive for me so I was like the heck with this I am leaving and then the big scary butcher had a grin ear to ear, and said I could tell it was your first time here so I was just screwin' witcha.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The first time I was there it was overwhelming, and the staff went out of their way to make me feel uncomfortable. All Soup Nazi style. It was a good drive for me so I was like the heck with this I am leaving and then the big scary butcher had a grin ear to ear, and said I could tell it was your first time here so I was just screwin' witcha.
"Nazi Style Soup"? What, does it have little noodles shaped like swastikas?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Ha ha ha, that website is cracking me up, they have Kielbasa songs. But this link on the page is a trip. The Pacific Islandes have their drink of choice, and Coal Cracker Region does too. I would of rathered Kava though.
http://www.boilo.net/