What's new

Calling all Kava Vendors.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Hey, your loss man! But honestly, it's an amazing audiobook that will completely mystify you. It's more of a "Breaking Bad" scenario when it comes to the good guys and the bad guys. Everyone is just kind of slimy in this book... That's how Theroux always writes. People are flawed.

D

Deleted User01

Hey, your loss man! But honestly, it's an amazing audiobook that will completely mystify you. It's more of a "Breaking Bad" scenario when it comes to the good guys and the bad guys. Everyone is just kind of slimy in this book... That's how Theroux always writes. People are flawed.
My loss indeed. I love being mystified after a few solid doses of Hanakapi Ai' Kava. Yes, kava my fellow kavateers. I also like being "Bewildered" and "Bemused". But I'm intrigued by your shameless promotion of this fine literary classic. So I'm going to make an effort to hunt it down and put it in my "bulging library" of audio books. I'm going to start with the local library ..... Nope, only Mosquito Coast which is highly rated. They seem to have every book by Paul Theroux except Milroy the Magician. Where did you get your copy? You know, the harder it is to get something ... the more you want it. ::uhhuhhz::

D

Deleted User01

Ok, on that hard copy, next time check out Thriftbooks.com. They have it. They are damn good, cheap, and cheap freight too. I save a fortune buying books from them. Especially when I need to buy reference books. I buy 2 or 3 of them and at least one turns out being Golden. And reading books and doing Kava sure are relaxin'.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yeah, the euphoria component is also where I mark the distinction. But there is also the "stoney" feeling you can get in your eyes and brain that people sometimes associate with headiness. It's just so subjective.
I think of the stoney feeling as heaviness

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
All righty then, looks like the thread has been turned into a "Games of Yore" thread and how Kava effects our competitiveness in said games. And going with the theme of meandering all over a thread, have you ever noticed how kava increases your sensitivity to sound? On my Kava days, I have to turn my audiobook headphone volume way down. On my alcohol days, I have to turn it way up. Go Figa....
Guess it's now ok to talk about rectums here??

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
From our Kavapedia Glossary

Heady (Brain Load)
Heady Kava describes a Kava that produces more effects on your mind than on your body. It can be, euphoria, spaciness or just a gentle uplifting to your outlook and sense of well-being. It gives you a light, clean, whimsical contentment that has a lot of cognitive, psychological and emotional effects (mental relaxation, motivation, empathy, mood uplift, etc.) An energizing, cerebral side effect often used to describe a specific strain of kava kava.

Heavy (Body Load)
Heavy Kava describes a Kava that produces more effects on your body than your mind. The effects can be felt more in your body & muscles and gives you an all-around slow & sedating experience. It can relax your muscles, usually relieve some pain, and make your body feel very heavy as you sink into the couch, along with (usually) heavy sedation.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
From our Kavapedia Glossary

Heady (Brain Load)
Heady Kava describes a Kava that produces more effects on your mind than on your body. It can be, euphoria, spaciness or just a gentle uplifting to your outlook and sense of well-being. It gives you a light, clean, whimsical contentment that has a lot of cognitive, psychological and emotional effects (mental relaxation, motivation, empathy, mood uplift, etc.) An energizing, cerebral side effect often used to describe a specific strain of kava kava.

Heavy (Body Load)
Heavy Kava describes a Kava that produces more effects on your body than your mind. The effects can be felt more in your body & muscles and gives you an all-around slow & sedating experience. It can relax your muscles, usually relieve some pain, and make your body feel very heavy as you sink into the couch, along with (usually) heavy sedation.
Most kavas do a bit of each though don't they so we're probably better off just describing a kavas effects as they happen for each one.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I call that a balanced kava
Yes but calling the vast majority of kavas "balanced" doesn't really help anyone does it? This Hanakapi Ai is balanced as in I'm getting some mental effects from it but it's mostly heavy. Sorry, not wanting to be awkward :)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Yes but calling the vast majority of kavas "balanced" doesn't really help anyone does it? This Hanakapi Ai is balanced as in I'm getting some mental effects from it but it's mostly heavy. Sorry, not wanting to be awkward :)
True enough but many people are looking for a predominant effect. Sort of like our reviews where you rate how heady AND how heavy the kava is. Then people who want a 'heady' kava are going to lean towards the higher shell ratings for that effect. I personally find some 'heady' kavas too heady for me, that's why I like to blend. I can to some degree control how balanced my kava is by selectively blending a good heady and a good heavy together.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
True enough but many people are looking for a predominant effect. Sort of like our reviews where you rate how head AND how heavy the kava is. Then people who want a 'heady' kava are going to lean towards the higher shell ratings for that effect. I personally find some 'heady' kavas too heady for me, that's why I like to blend. I can to some degree control how balanced my kava is by selectively blending a good heady and a good heavy together.
Yes I suppose. Even if I find something balanced I will describe it as balanced tending to heavy or heady, gives a bit more information at least.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Ok MM is def. more on the balanced spectrum....
Pentecost Pride and Malekula magic = both boroguru but with a different ration of lateral to "main" (?) roots, making MM more sedating and Pentecost Pride more heady. Kaolik would be extremly heady and say Nene very heavy.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Im actually out of options in getting TK certification, mainly because there is 1 guy testing it and he is pretty busy. So il just rely on reviews from you pros in the forum. Hopefully 44 pound trial run through my arranged distribution centre in florida lands me 44 reviews here. If not i guess some revered kava guru reviews should be fine.
I dont deal with tudei. I dont think its available in fiji either because theres no market for it. We just like smooth kava not something that will land us in hospitals

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I dont deal with tudei. I dont think its available in fiji either because theres no market for it. We just like smooth kava not something that will land us in hospitals
Yes there is! I know a kava guru who swears it's true! :)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Im actually out of options in getting TK certification, mainly because there is 1 guy testing it and he is pretty busy. So il just rely on reviews from you pros in the forum. Hopefully 44 pound trial run through my arranged distribution centre in florida lands me 44 reviews here. If not i guess some revered kava guru reviews should be fine.
No offense to TK and all his hard work but who cares? You don't need TK certification (Speaking from a member's perspective) If your kava is good, the word will spread around here man, that's the ultimate "seal of approval" this whole TK certification is over rated.