What's new

Wobbles/double vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I don’t know if the current batch of micro 11 year Waka from BKH, and micro moi/mahakea from GHK are much stronger than anything I’ve had in the last few months or if somehow my tolerance has gone down drastically but 1.5 tsp of each (at different times over the last week not all at once) has thrown me into the wobbles within 15 minutes. As in double vision/can’t walk straight etc.

Could improper hydration cause that? I felt like I was pretty well hydrated (urine was pale yellow almost clear). No medications or anything to contend with....
I’m not new to kava and I’ve searched what I can think to search.
If my tolerance to micros has gone down, I don’t know where to start.

Last edited:

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Simillar question to the OP. In my case this bag of Nabwan. Holly gigly happy place batman!

I just now had a bit over 1 tbs of nabwan. And on one hand it still rocks. On the other a kind of wobly or headrushy thing. Some guys on reddit suggest a headrush is probably it having more kick than usual something about a Kovain. However timeywimy wiblywoblyness might pass and they simply didn't know, sugesting to ask here.
Bula's Kava House is easily my favorite place to get stuff from. So I to simply don't know if this recent batch of nabwan has more umpf than the last bag. In that case I'll just smile laugh at silly observations in my head and not worry.
Take that to mean. You're not alone. I'm having a simillar experience. I don't know if it's that i've had so much kava that I need less to be "their" or this recent batch is blended differently somehow etc.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
If this is how all Kava will now hit me then I have no choice but to only drink it IMMEDIATELY before putting my butt in bed!
I simply don't know the answers. I think it's something about Bula's Kava House kava. I don't know if it's a new batch thing or not. By comparison Rawhwanger this morning was more of a silly relaxed thing. No wobbles. Then a bit ago had some Nabwan. while relaxed and silly a bit wobbly? I simply don't know if that's a feature or a bug.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Can't you just drink less or use traditional prep (or eat something first)? Sounds like a financial advantage.
I have disqualified myself from micro for the time-being because of those effects, but I was taking much more than that. Several times I became COMPLETELY incapable of walking due to dizziness from Moi micro: crawling only, was even scared to get from sitting position to crawling position. Had some epic falls and an embarrassing moment where the elusive fatty-meal boost took me by complete surprise. I was having to close one eye just to read my computer. I have had no such issues since switching to medium grind. I like drinking medium grind and letting grog be grog.

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I have also wondered about the notion of kava and tolerance, but never came to a clear way of formulating my question. Everyone seems to say there is no tolerance with kava, but I have wondered if there may be some oversimplification in that. Also wondered if the characterization of second day effects is oversimplified too. I have felt second day effects from a heady kava like Moi that is different from what I normally associate with second day effects (like brain fog and sleepiness vs. lethargy and muscle relaxation).

Last edited:

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Can't you just drink less or use traditional prep (or eat something first)? Sounds like a financial advantage.
I have disqualified myself from micro for the time-being because of those effects, but I was taking much more than that. Several times I became COMPLETELY incapable of walking due to dizziness from Moi micro: crawling only, was even scared to get from sitting position to crawling position. Had some epic falls and an embarrassing moment where the elusive fatty-meal boost took me by complete surprise. I was having to close one eye just to read my computer. I have had no such issues since switching to medium grind. I like drinking medium grind and letting grog be grog.
Agree that eating a bit of something before hand is probably a good idea anyway. Isn't their Nabwan a mix of some sort?
Still this doesn't help us figure out if it's something me and the OP did (or didn't do!) to both have Wobbles Or if it's SImply their current stuff has bit of kick or some weird build up thing etc.
I'm just trying to be helpful.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Oh you can overdose on medium grind easily, too. Just prep a batch too strong and drink too much of it too fast. You will achieve the exact same effects.

I think it's something most of us learn to avoid early on. Some folks like it, though, I guess. I try not to judge. As long as people are safe I imagine it's OK, just not for me. If it happens by accident, just drink water, lie down, wait for it to pass. maybe take a nap.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
If I eat anything at all, I won’t feel anything.
I’m trying it again tonight with a lot more water. But I was already doing 8 oz and 1.5 TEASPOONS.

It’s strange. Before this batch of all 3, I used 1 tbs. Oh and I have used medium grind for years but it’s just become inconvenient.
I’m a busy hair stylist with 2 young kids and a husband in the military who is often away. Mixing something up real quick versus 15 minutes of massaging a sack of root is just convenient. But I’ll pull a medium grind bag out tomorrow and try. I just hope this works tonight! Without making me wobbly eyed and forced to just go to sleep.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I simply don't know the answers. I think it's something about Bula's Kava House kava. I don't know if it's a new batch thing or not. By comparison Rawhwanger this morning was more of a silly relaxed thing. No wobbles. Then a bit ago had some Nabwan. while relaxed and silly a bit wobbly? I simply don't know if that's a feature or a bug.
Perhaps someone else besides myself and of course you, who has purchased either BKH or GHK in the past week or two will comment. It could just be particularly strong root.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
I have also wondered about the notion of kava and tolerance, but never came to a clear way of formulating my question. Everyone seems to say there is no tolerance with kava, but I have wondered if there may be some oversimplification in that. Also wondered if the characterization of second day effects is oversimplified too. I have felt second day effects from a heady kava like Moi that is different from what I normally associate with second day effects (like brain fog and sleepiness vs. lethargy and muscle relaxation).
I definitely experienced reversed tolerance. It took me
Months with both medium grind and micro/instant before I felt anything but a headache.
Then snowy it took less and less to get desired effects.
But now Here I am with this problem. ‍♀

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I definitely experienced reversed tolerance. It took me
Months with both medium grind and micro/instant before I felt anything but a headache.
Then snowy it took less and less to get desired effects.
But now Here I am with this problem. ‍♀
fwiw I drank kava daily for 2 months before I got any effects, except for vivid dreams. Then I got krunk. Then I got Squanch. Then I got Squanch krunk. Then I got snowy.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
fwiw I drank kava daily for 2 months before I got any effects, except for vivid dreams. Then I got krunk. Then I got Squanch. Then I got Squanch krunk. Then I got snowy.
LOL! Slowly. My bad.

Update: I drank about 30 ounces of water before mixing 1.5 tsp of 11YW in 8 oz water. The good feels came on, no problems. Then 30 minutes later another 1.5tsp. Still no spins. 15 minutes later 1.5tsp more then tucked myself in with Netflix.

I simply do not understand because I was just as hydrated the other times. I just hadn’t drank the water DIRECTLY before.
I did however end up with a floating belly due to all of the water.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
Cool. I wasn't criticizing. You could also politely ask the vendors if they have any insight. Kava can vary plant to plant.
I was thinking that same thing. Could just have gotten very potent bags this go around.
I had better luck last night after drinking 30 oz water before mixing up. But I had an extremely full belly by the time I was done and tucked in.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
So this is my 2nd day of Squanchin, ever. It's really cool kava. Feels pretty balanced at first, even a little heady, but then it just kicks into krunk mode and goes like a beast for hours and hours. I had 4 aluballs worth yesterday, 3 washes through them, and eight hours after my last shell the squanch was still squanching. Woke up this morning feeling fresh and rested.

Anyway, yeah, if you take a lot of strong kava in a short period of time you can get double vision, wobbly legs, and so on. If you're not hydrated and healthy there can be headaches and nausea as well.

As that Nawarake song goes, nao mi wokabaot olsem nakato... now I'm walking like a hermit crab! :)

Stonth

Kava Curious
If I eat anything at all, I won’t feel anything.
I’m trying it again tonight with a lot more water. But I was already doing 8 oz and 1.5 TEASPOONS.

It’s strange. Before this batch of all 3, I used 1 tbs. Oh and I have used medium grind for years but it’s just become inconvenient.
I’m a busy hair stylist with 2 young kids and a husband in the military who is often away. Mixing something up real quick versus 15 minutes of massaging a sack of root is just convenient. But I’ll pull a medium grind bag out tomorrow and try. I just hope this works tonight! Without making me wobbly eyed and forced to just go to sleep.
Sounds like you need a aluballer...

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
It's possible that dizziness is unrelated to the kava especially if you are fasting pre-kava session but both those kavas are very strong. The Micro Moi has
knocked me out once before while I was trying to find the right dose, I couldn't feel the smaller amounts so I went overboard with 2 heaping tablespoons .
The 11 year Waka goes the other way on me, I like the taste and feel it as a very up heady feeling so much that I don't drink it if I want to sleep.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
So this is my 2nd day of Squanchin, ever. It's really cool kava. Feels pretty balanced at first, even a little heady, but then it just kicks into krunk mode and goes like a beast for hours and hours. I had 4 aluballs worth yesterday, 3 washes through them, and eight hours after my last shell the squanch was still squanching. Woke up this morning feeling fresh and rested.

Anyway, yeah, if you take a lot of strong kava in a short period of time you can get double vision, wobbly legs, and so on. If you're not hydrated and healthy there can be headaches and nausea as well.

As that Nawarake song goes, nao mi wokabaot olsem nakato... now I'm walking like a hermit crab! :)
It definitely wasn’t an issue of a lot in a short amount of time.
1.5tsp in a lot of water.

However last night I drank a ton of water and it worked out fine.
But I’ll throw up if I drink 30+ ounces before any sessions every night lol.
I hydrate fine during the day so I’m not sure, I guess I’m betting on particularly strong batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.