What's new

ANYTHING that will settle my Kava stomach???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
This is my cockateil Sheldon Cooper- I also have a Green Cheek Conure -Amy Farafowler and 2 budgies Captain Tweetybeard (he lost an eye and the shop owners wanted to destroy him, but I bought him) and Fable.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
what kind of kava are you drinking now, that tastes worse than it did before ?
I'd knead 6 Tbsp in 2 cups...3 if you want it to be a bit more mild.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
Same brand KBR Fiji Waka Kava, I use milk 1. it is full of lipids 2) it really helps the taste and stomach - although I guess not lately, all of a sudden I've lost my ability to enjoy kava :(

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
It tasted unnaturally bad, I am not sure. I was afraid I got a bad shipment, but I am going to make the tea (off to the store now) and see if I am just experiencing some kind of weird tolerance thing.

Ceraton

Heavy Kava Drinker
The higher the dose, the more likely the kava will hit you. Also, kava will leave a bad taste in your mouth. But, I think I've drank it enough times to get used to the flavor.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
Made fresh tea from Fresh Ginger Root, Cumin, Fennel, crushed Cardamon pods and Mint- This concoction seriously smells like HEAVEN. - My husband who has a sore throat LOVES this, and my stomach settled immediatly. 5 HUGE STARS for your recipe, I added mint as a favorite herb.
As a practicing herbalist, I whole heartedly recommend a tea made with fresh ginger, fennel, cumin, cardamon, and black pepper .

Drinking this along with your kava will fire up your digestive system and have a very strong carminitive effect on the intestines.. Allowing your digestion to dissolve any fibers better, move things along faster, and help reduce gas, bloating, and discomfort...

Jaynerd

Kava Curious
Made fresh tea from Fresh Ginger Root, Cumin, Fennel, crushed Cardamon pods and Mint- This concoction seriously smells like HEAVEN. - My husband who has a sore throat LOVES this, and my stomach settled immediatly. 5 HUGE STARS for your recipe, I added mint as a favorite herb.
Haha, awesome. Glad I could help.

blindy107

Kava Lover
@Jaynerd where do you practice this herbalism you speak of? What's your focus? What got you into it?

I was very interested in how foods react, interact and elicit response in our bodies for a while. Mostly sports nutrition I would say. I never went to school out of fear of "starting over" but I really enjoyed reading about it. Herbalism is much more refined than what I was into but seems similar.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I used a small handful of each herb and I used my herb cutter to open the ginger up and also crack the outsides of the cardamon seeds. I had the tea before I had my shell this evening and ...no stomach upset. :)

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
As a practicing herbalist, I whole heartedly recommend a tea made with fresh ginger, fennel, cumin, cardamon, and black pepper .

Drinking this along with your kava will fire up your digestive system and have a very strong carminitive effect on the intestines.. Allowing your digestion to dissolve any fibers better, move things along faster, and help reduce gas, bloating, and discomfort...
Do you have a recipe :)

Jaynerd

Kava Curious
@Jaynerd where do you practice this herbalism you speak of? What's your focus? What got you into it?

I was very interested in how foods react, interact and elicit response in our bodies for a while. Mostly sports nutrition I would say. I never went to school out of fear of "starting over" but I really enjoyed reading about it. Herbalism is much more refined than what I was into but seems similar.
Herbalism typically tends to be part of a hollistic approach to wellness. This is where my interest originally started. I am studying to be a naturopath and alternative medicine (herbs) is a large part of the study.

Currently getting my 4 year degree in new mexico and looking to transfer to a graduate program in the northwest..

Jaynerd

Kava Curious
@Jaynerd do you use boiling water for making this tea or should it be slightly cooler?
As a general rule, all roots, seeds, berries, and most stems should be simmered in water for roughly 10 - 20 minutes to have a potent extraction.

However, if there are leaves or flowers in your tea it is recommended to infuse them (basically poor the boiling water over them) because they are more fragile and could lose their potency if boiled for a longer period of time.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Herbalism typically tends to be part of a hollistic approach to wellness. This is where my interest originally started. I am studying to be a naturopath and alternative medicine (herbs) is a large part of the study.

Currently getting my 4 year degree in new mexico and looking to transfer to a graduate program in the northwest..
Right on man. Like Bastyr up in seattle area? They are supposed to be pretty rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.