What's new

Toss and Wash

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Just curious as to any negative health consequences of toss and wash if you guys know of any. And for those of you that do toss and wash, how much do you toss and wash? Recently ive been probably using about 6 tablespoons. I cant say for sure because I lose count.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Depends on exactly what you're tossing and washing, but of the many reasons I quit that practice one was due to my skin and it's disagreement with staying on the rest of my body. Seriously, the dermo alone was bad enough to prevent me from going T&W again. To each their own, though because because some people can handle it without any problems. The dermo was bad, and drinking a glass of sawdust was also not the shining point of my day.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Depends on exactly what you're tossing and washing, but of the many reasons I quit that practice one was due to my skin and it's disagreement with staying on the rest of my body. Seriously, the dermo alone was bad enough to prevent me from going T&W again. To each their own, though because because some people can handle it without any problems. The dermo was bad, and drinking a glass of sawdust was also not the shining point of my day.
My skin has been feeling rather...... crisp... lately

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I got really good at it. I would take a couple ounces of water into my mouth, carefully place a tablespoon or more of kava on top of it, and then throw back some more water from a glass to wash it down. Instant krunkedness.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
I did this for about a month or so at first. Now, I use micro or the Aluball. We live and we learn and we krunk a lot.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, its really simple, quick, and highly effective. Although the side effects are obvious, they usually aren't a problem if you do it on rare occasion due to time constraint or what have you.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I tried it, and it didn't bother me too much. I can't say I enjoyed the experience of actually drinking the Kava though. I did feel the effects perhaps a little bit more than usual. But I'd say this is like taking NoDoz instead of drinking a cup of good coffee.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I tried it, and it didn't bother me too much. I can't say I enjoyed the experience of actually drinking the Kava though. I did feel the effects perhaps a little bit more than usual. But I'd say this is like taking NoDoz instead of drinking a cup of good coffee.
It does make it stronger yes, also you use less, so its more economical. Overall, however, its generally not worth it.

Harry

Kava Curious
Just wondering why cant you use like a wire mesh when straining kava? After blending to agitate of course

Harry

Kava Curious
not nearly fine enough; kava is ground up pretty finely and people generally use <100micron filters
I c, i need something to strain with tonight so i can get to sleep but im at my girlfriends place with no car. She has this shirt from aeropostal that looks like it might work. Thinking about running it through wire mesh and then the shirt. Any thoughts?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I c, i need something to strain with tonight so i can get to sleep but im at my girlfriends place with no car. She has this shirt from aeropostal that looks like it might work. Thinking about running it through wire mesh and then the shirt. Any thoughts?
probably just go with the shirt.

or some nylon stockings if your girlfriend has em / theres a pharmacy not too far away...and you can come up with a convincing reason as to why they smell like mulch afterwards

verticity

I'm interested in things
The negative consequence of toss and wash for me is pretty bad gas pains. My guts just are not happy about ingesting so much insoluble material. (The makas are basically like wood) It is more potent that way, but it's not worth the stomach upset, so I always strain my kava.