What's new

Toss and Wash

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
That's right, I am not manly enough to drink unstrained wood chips. :)
Me neither. The one time I tried this, the gas pain was so bad I thought I had a stomach virus. It was awful, ugh. Not just an unpleasant experience going down, I've done plenty of unpleasant things in trade-off for the result, but the gas pain really was awful. Same as what I get when I eat sardines, which is unfortunate, 'cause I love sardines, but they don't love me.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I tried it, and it didn't bother me too much. I can't say I enjoyed the experience of actually drinking the Kava though. I did feel the effects perhaps a little bit more than usual. But I'd say this is like taking NoDoz instead of drinking a cup of good coffee.
Maybe a better analogy would be drinking water mixed with unfiltered coffee grounds vs. drinking a good cup of coffee.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I used to do toss n wash exclusively. Every day for months. My skin damn near nearly fell off. I also developed xanthelasma bi-laterally on the eyelids during this exact period. Bloodwork checked out fine however. I did start a thread on it a while back.

D Novak

Kava Curious
You guys do know that GHK uses a machine that makes micronized as small as mascara and he removes much of the maca or maka fibers, therefore little to no GI upset. Works great for me! I mix mahakea, moi, and nene!

verticity

I'm interested in things
You guys do know that GHK uses a machine that makes micronized as small as mascara and he removes much of the maca or maka fibers, therefore little to no GI upset. Works great for me! I mix mahakea, moi, and nene!
Mascara?

D Novak

Kava Curious
oops I meant eye shadow, similar particle size, yes I am a dude, I saw this information posted by Chris somewhere on here

verticity

I'm interested in things
oops I meant eye shadow, similar particle size, yes I am a dude, I saw this information posted by Chris somewhere on here
Oh, OK, you mean like that eye shadow that contains tiny particles to make it shiny.
So according to this site:
http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2009/08/mineral-make-up-particle-size-and.html
some typical micron sizes of the particles in eye shadow are 30 microns for "boron glow" or 5 to 6 microns for boron nitride. I don't think micronized kava is that small, but @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava please correct me if I am wrong... Maybe there are other kinds of eye shadow with larger particles..idk

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Oh, OK, you mean like that eye shadow that contains tiny particles to make it shiny.
So according to this site:
http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2009/08/mineral-make-up-particle-size-and.html
some typical micron sizes of the particles in eye shadow are 30 microns for "boron glow" or 5 to 6 microns for boron nitride. I don't think micronized kava is that small, but @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava please correct me if I am wrong... Maybe there are other kinds of eye shadow with larger particles..idk
I do use a machine that is like the ones that the make up companies use, I can get the particle size to a smaller size but it does take a bit longer so I stop at 80 microns. I find that this is good enough for the micronized and just to make things clear, I take out all the makas before I micronize the kava so there is "NO" makas inside. ::happyshell::
Aloha.

Chris

verticity

I'm interested in things
I do use a machine that is like the ones that the make up companies use, I can get the particle size to a smaller size but it does take a bit longer so I stop at 80 microns. I find that this is good enough for the micronized and just to make things clear, I take out all the makas before I micronize the kava so there is "NO" makas inside. ::happyshell::
Aloha.

Chris
So can I apply your micronized kava around my eyes to give me that "shiny racoon eyes" look?

ImDirtyDan

Kava Curious
I tossed and washed once, felt horribly nauseous and on the verge of vomiting for the first time in five years, and decided to never try it again. Then I had a terrible fever for a couple weeks after that, though I'm not sure if the two are related.

D Novak

Kava Curious
Ok, so I am a fan of toss and wash by far. I got a lb of Boroguru in today from GHK and have no idea how you fellas do this?!?!? Yes micronized is very easy to with no problems, but some of this have woodchippage (or just small peices of root like No.2 pencil eraser size) and am clueless and want to know if you toss this and how do you wash this?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Most of us don't, traditional preparation is more popular by a landslide. As to how, well, pinch your nose and chug it

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Lol wimps. I have been tossing and washing since I could crawl. Funny thing is the micro will actually make my gut rumble a little and give me a bit of gas. Nothing with medium grind though.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Lol wimps. I have been tossing and washing since I could crawl. Funny thing is the micro will actually make my gut rumble a little and give me a bit of gas. Nothing with medium grind though.
Pfff please. Ive been eating kava without any liquid to wash it down since I had to walk 34 miles uphill to school in the snow everyday. You need water to wash it down? Weak.

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I used to do toss n wash exclusively. Every day for months. My skin damn near nearly fell off. I also developed xanthelasma bi-laterally on the eyelids during this exact period. Bloodwork checked out fine however. I did start a thread on it a while back.
I love micro, but it doesn't love me back. Dermo & gas convinced me to switch to instant. Been over a month now, on instant, without serious dermo!