What's new

Societal norms are silly guys

verticity

I'm interested in things
I spent years making a fool of myself on a fairly regular basis. It's funny to think that when you are drunk you don't seem to remember or care about anything and don't have any boundaries with actions or speech but if you see a drunk person when you are sober it's really frightening to watch. ..
The same effect happens with benzos... as I figured out after I got off those. (Cringe.)

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
When people talk about kava or even mmj like it is a strong drug and then turn around and make remarks like "dont even talk to me until ive had my coffee" what hipocracy that is. And its completely acceptable. If you walked up to someone who's ignorant to kava and said "I need my kava fix, right NOW, gimme a double!" They would think you were a drug addict. And if you said "I cant do anything until I have my morning mj" people would raise their eyebrows. Its so funny to see people inlife or on tv talk about coffee like that, because I always replace the word coffee with kava, alcohol, or mj in my head and it makes it hilarious. But thats the society we live in, its totally ok to rant on about how hopelessly addicted you are to coffee.
touche... u should have seen the looks I would get when I'd show up to college parties with a bright orange 5 gallon home depot bucket full of Kava on nights I didn't want to drink alcohol lol.

Jerome

Kava Lover
lol, many looks of confusion
I had a beautiful big tanoa in college in '01-'02. But we also used the 5 gallon method, for extra long drinking sessions. The tanoa was pretty, but way too shallow for my drinking preference.

I was the only south pacific islander in my group of friends in Florida (Born in Queensland, does that count?).

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
lol, many looks of confusion
Awesome, I am curious do you still knead by hand in a bag, or use a stick? After having my first official kava circle recently, I realized it was a mofo to knead large amounts of kava. As in I had to keep re-kneading it with new water because I wasn't getting all the oil out. Please teach me the way of the Home Depot Bucket Prep Method :)

Jerome

Kava Lover
Awesome, I am curious do you still knead by hand in a bag, or use a stick? After having my first official kava circle recently, I realized it was a mofo to knead large amounts of kava. As in I had to keep re-kneading it with new water because I wasn't getting all the oil out. Please teach me the way of the Home Depot Bucket Prep Method :)
I would knead smaller batches in a big plastic bowl (gallon sized), and dump them in the bucket. I would do this ahead of time for convenience sake.

I'd say, put five or six heaping table spoons in bag, knead, dump, second wash, dump, maybe third if you're thrifty. then repeat till you've filled up the paint bucket.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahaha yeah its a sad story. One day we will all be mutts . I cant wait. We're in a couple thousand year transitional period. Culture meshing is still the toughest thing for people . (Racism, prejudice )
Luckily their is that silver lining of a one mutt race of humans. Perfected through diversity