What's new

¿pakihani paartay ai?

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Since some of us are expecting to receive some GHK Hanakapi ai in this week, should we set aside an afternoon or evening for us all to drink this kava together right here online? Perhaps Thursday or Friday? Maybe Monday to allow late orders to arrive? ::kavaleaf:: I'm a relative noob to this forum, do you guys do this sort of thing here?

verticity

I'm interested in things
8 tablespoon minimum
Given the reported potency of this kava, it would be a short party followed by :sleep:. Probably best not to have drinking games, unless a distributed barf-fest is your idea of fun... :D

But I really like the idea of a number of us drinking the same kava at the same time, like a book club kind of. I hear in many kava drinking cultures they actually do this without computers or the Internet; I'm not sure how that's possible though.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I get mine on wed. But if were going to have a kava party i can wait till friday. Def not waiting till monday tho. Heavy kavas=wknd kavas for me.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Something like friday @6 pm we all say cheers and down the hatch ? Western timezone @3pm?
How about starting at 6pm Eastern US; those of us further West join when we can/get off work/whatever. Europeans and New Zealanders welcome, of course; I'm not sure how time works in your countries, though.

AnimalKracka

Kava Curious
Damn. I knew I should have grabbed some. Any chances you all could hold off two weeks :p.

I'm definitely not serious

Hopefully its still in stock by the time I can order some

K

Kava Steve

Friday it is though I cant promise not before hand :)

what time are we agreeing on 6 eastern seems early for a Friday with such a heavy kava... 7 pacific seems more like it some of us have kids

D

Deleted User01

I'm running to the mailbox everyday looking for mine. Maybe I can join with a quick post. Friday is Netflix night and we start early. So 6 eastern is 5 central, my time. If I get it, I'm starting at 3-4 in the afternoon. Just in time for the Friday Goofiness.:whistle:

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
First off, while this is a hanakapi ai celebration, lets all agree that ALL kavas are welcome here. Right? Right. (That includes you kracka.)

We have a 4 hour difference across the continental U.S., and of course we have Hawaii. Anyone here from Alaska? Maybe with such large differences in time we should just say krunk time is at the top of each hour starting at 7 pm in whatever time zone you're in. That way at the top of the hour we'll have a new round of kava drinking starting up. Heck, some people might make a second or third batch just to be ready for the next round. :-D So what do you think? Krunk time is the top of each hour starting at 7pm Eastern on Friday for as long as it lasts? Good idea?

How shall we get together? In the Shoutbox here? What about something like Mumble or Ventrilo so we can all talk? Suggestions anyone?

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

@awametal, it will be a Kava party with a coming our side party for the Hanapaki Ai'. Let's just post what we are drinking and how we like it all day Friday and in all venues. Who woulda thought that we are actually going to post about Kava on Friday. :rolleyes:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Sounds fun, I say we can communicate here in the shout box, the underused facebook page, and/or in the ever so lovely pan-fried friday thread...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm strongly considering setting up video chat through kavaforums. Anyone know of a good service that would be affordable to a website that runs on donations? :D

verticity

I'm interested in things
@awametal, it will be a Kava party with a coming our side party for the Hanapaki Ai'. Let's just post what we are drinking and how we like it all day Friday and in all venues. Who woulda thought that we are actually going to post about Kava on Friday. :rolleyes:
Yes, it doesn't really have to be a specific time, other than "Friday Evening" (or "Friday Morning" for @Deleted User01 ;)) whatever that means to you.