What's new

A whole new world lol

Hey wazzup everybody figured I would drop that Alladin song in there for title lol. Im new to kava been doing K@ a lot recently and realized maybe im doing to much so wanted to try something new. Just started feeling effects for the first time from some borogu i purchased from Bula Kava House. Its nice but i think im definatly still working on my reverse tolerance since this is like only my 4th time trying kava. What was some of yalls experiences in the beggining? How long did it take before you really started liking kava? Just curious. Seems like it will be a fun journey.

Im excited to be joining this forum and really enjoy reading the reviews. I guess i chose bula kava house first because i saw that a lot of their types of kava are potent with varying effects and pretty highly praised. I also got some Nangol Boble i havent tried yet and made a order for Nambawan since it just became available again. I'm more of a heady guy vs body but a balance is nice too for my preference more on the stimulative side.

If you have any reccomendations please let me know. Taking some kava to the florida keys with me on my vacation next week. I believe it will be a nice addition.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey wazzup everybody figured I would drop that Alladin song in there for title lol. Im new to kava been doing K@ a lot recently and realized maybe im doing to much so wanted to try something new. Just started feeling effects for the first time from some borogu i purchased from Bula Kava House. Its nice but i think im definatly still working on my reverse tolerance since this is like only my 4th time trying kava. What was some of yalls experiences in the beggining? How long did it take before you really started liking kava? Just curious. Seems like it will be a fun journey.

Im excited to be joining this forum and really enjoy reading the reviews. I guess i chose bula kava house first because i saw that a lot of their types of kava are potent with varying effects and pretty highly praised. I also got some Nangol Boble i havent tried yet and made a order for Nambawan since it just became available again. I'm more of a heady guy vs body but a balance is nice too for my preference more on the stimulative side.

If you have any reccomendations please let me know. Taking some kava to the florida keys with me on my vacation next week. I believe it will be a nice addition.
How's the progress going, @Blake Hunton? I hope you've worked through that RT fully now and are enjoying your BKH kavas.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
It is a fun journey. For me, it was roughly just over a week of daily prep (pre-AluBall) for me to find my sweet spot. I still think part of is has to do with finding your sweet spot -- experimenting until you find your right quantities and become expert at kneading and washing.

The journey is ongoing, especially when you try a new kava, or change up the usual dose, etc. It's all good. ::chugger::

verticity

I'm interested in things
Welcome to the forum.

I actually didn't have any reverse tolerance; I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. If you feel you are not getting the full effects, you can simply drink more--however be sure to space your shells so you don't get sick. Also, the kava experience is more subtle than other drugs, probably including K@ (I"m not sure, I haven't used K@) so don't expect it to be totally overwhelming.

For heady kavas I would recommend: Nambawan, which you said you already ordered some of--good choice!, Mo'i from GHK, Puoni Ono from KWK (more balanced than Mo'i), Ono or Eva from Cactus Kava (the Ono is milder; the Eva is stronger and slightly more body-ish). I'll also second @Winpig's recommendation of Luna Kava Sol Blend--very nice effects. Kavafied Fiji Waka is more balanced, but on the heady side.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Also, if you are not already aware, you'll get the most potent effects if you drink kava on an empty stomach. Then eat some spicy/fatty food afterwards to intensify the effect.

Miro

Hey errbody! Been reading the forum for a hwhile, I'm a kava lover and have joyfully enjoyed it off/on for about 4 years.. Recently got back to krunkin' a few months ago since my last gout flare up in January sidelined me from having any alcohol. Blessing in disguise... This time round Kava has been even more warm, enveloping and Enlightening personally than I remember.. So great!

Anyway.. Quick note on Reverse Tolerance/RT. I have introduced 3 people in the last 4 weeks, I did a pretty standard amount (2tbsp/6ozShell) traditional prep for them and everyone had excellent results. All introductees had empty stomachs, high quality kava (mahakea, moi/wow blend, and Stone) and proper traditional prep. I don't think there has been much of a "final word" on RT but if those conditions are met, it may be minimized at least and bypassed at best.

Bula everyone! I hope to stick my nose in on more threads in the coming days to add some (at least) anecdotal evidence/experience until our Kapm throws me overboard.

Miroslaw