What's new

Acquiring the Taste?

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
I make grog in coconut water sometimes to help with dehydration. I don't mind the taste of grog. For me bitter=potent. But the coconut water def takes the edge of the flavor. I wonder what adding lime to that would be like? Put the lime in the coconut and shake out all up? Maybe that song is about kava...

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I personally have zero problem asserting myself with an undoctored pungent grog.
I will try fresh limes for my friends who are *cough* wimps.

Just put a few icecubes and just a little splash of coke with it and you'll be good boys.
It's the way of the road, Bubs -- nasty dirt water.

I used to try and add things to a traditional shell, but it never made it worth it. You can make some really great tasting stuff with extracts, but it's hard for a standard consumer to find a good extract to work with.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
It's the way of the road, Bubs -- nasty dirt water.

I used to try and add things to a traditional shell, but it never made it worth it. You can make some really great tasting stuff with extracts, but it's hard for a standard consumer to find a good extract to work with.
Bwah ha ha ha, I miss Ray from the new Trailer Park Boys seasons. The way she goes boys, the ways she goes...

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
Bwah ha ha ha, I miss Ray from the new Trailer Park Boys seasons. The way she goes boys, the ways she goes...
I was really disappointed with the last season. They pumped too much money into it and made it something quite different than what it's been in the past. Season 10 was chock full of piss jugs, boys.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Oh that's a bummer. I've only seen up to season 3 or 4 so far and it's been a great show. Ricky finally got his grade 10, Ellen Page made an appearance for one season. Randy even got to be official assistant trailer park supervisor for a while. A dope trailer is no place for a kitty, though....

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Chocolate soy milk masks the taste and is supposed to potentiate the Kava. I drink micro and have tried mixing it with several different things. The best tasting I've found has been Hawaiin Punch or Kool Aid. I don't taste the Kava much at all. I also mix it with coffee and instant tea, but I've found they bring out the bitterness of the Kava. Swishing it around in your mouth may help to numb it so you don't taste it as much also.