What's new

All the preparations are not equally strong

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I had no positive effects of kava.
But I felt something in my head and body. But not when I prepare kava with the aluballs. But this should not be less potent.

Which is the strongest preparation?
Blending?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
2 aluballs with 4 tbs in the shaker with 700ml of water, hits the spot every time for me, drinking a strong waka. Traditional prep is better in the sense that you can use more root then 2 aluballs worth.

D

Deleted User01

Whew, if you aren't getting any effects from Hanapaki Ai' then you got a serious case of Reverse Tolerance. That is supposed to be a heavy kava. Have you tried any others and gotten effects? Too bad there isn't a sampler pack where you get 1 Hawaiian, 1 from Vanuatua, and one from Fiji. There must be one in there that your receptors will welcome with open arms ... or open receptors. :D

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I have already tried several varieties. And have been there for at least 3 months.
I think I feel most of the blend and strain method.
I should stay with it and see if I finally get good results.

I hope that it is still the reverse tolerance, but many people here have suspected my medication or that I have a very high tolerance.

Chris1052

Kava Curious
I think aluballs are less potent, I've been put on my ass by the trad prep of Squanch Waka but haven't been able to make it near as strong using the AluBall. I have never used more than 1 ball though. But with trad prep you can use hot water which I think draws more of the good stuff out. You are also kneading it which forces the root to break down more and release more of the magic. Maybe your body just doesn't process kava like most does. The way your liver breaks down stuff can vary greatly person to person. Have you tried making a ridiculously strong grog with traditional prep? Like 8 Tbsp in 2 cups of water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah not all prep rituals are the same and some work out better than others. In my experience. I've it's most consitant brewed kind of like tea and let cool to taste and weather.
I've also found as consitant for me is heaping 1/4 to 1/2 just root in cold water, or cold soymilk, in a tall cup. (I have no idea the ounces of cup I'd guess it'a bout 2 cups worth. Just a simple plastic cup from a grocery store for iced tea.

Yeah. One of the AWSOME things about Kava's is how friendly and wonderfully wimsical it can be. Just keep an eye out for roots. Because it might leave you full and kind of bloated.
I keep pepto and ginger snacks, soda, and tea on hand as well. Just in case ^_^
I will not be offended if those don't work for you.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Try using at least 100g kava per litre of hand hot water and massage 15 minutes in a stocking.Your hands should ache with the effort. Squeeze out, clean the stocking and filter it back 2-3 times.
Also have a big 200ml shell for the first, down in one. Follow up 10 minutes later with a smaller one and keep going till you hit the spot.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have already tried several varieties. And have been there for at least 3 months.
I think I feel most of the blend and strain method.
I should stay with it and see if I finally get good results.

I hope that it is still the reverse tolerance, but many people here have suspected my medication or that I have a very high tolerance.
It's possible kava just doesn't work for you to the extend it does most of us, I suspect some of it has to do with the other medications you are on, but I am not a doctor. Ultimately I recommend you find the approach that makes you happy and that works for you, w/ kava or without it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Try using at least 100g kava per litre of hand hot water and massage 15 minutes in a stocking.Your hands should ache with the effort. Squeeze out, clean the stocking and filter it back 2-3 times.
Also have a big 200ml shell for the first, down in one. Follow up 10 minutes later with a smaller one and keep going till you hit the spot.
By an odd coincidence, that is exactly the prep I had planned for later today. It's a good strong prep. One or two shells of that will get me in the zone and then the occasional 4 oz/125 ml shot as needed to maintain should make for a nice long sesh.

Heck, the second wash of that in 750 ml of water will be nice tomorrow, too.

Next day follow up: it was fantastic, wonderful.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Only 100g?! lol. I should think that would do the trick...

Oh yeah, just realised, that's 100g of Hanakapi Ai, should work!

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That isn't as wild as it sounds actually. When I've gone through dry patches where I've felt I haven't been getting everything I could from kava I have mixed insanely strong batches and just chugged what I needed to get me there. I seem to know when to stop quite well though, I wouldn't want a new drinker to go that strong without warning of the possible consequences of overdoing it.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I do have to admit the best grog I've made is when I make a big batch of like 2+ ounces. I do that when I'm sharing with maybe 2 or more people and even though I only drink a portion of it the grog seems to be really effective and not necessarily causing side effects