What's new

All the preparations are not equally strong

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
I have already tried several varieties. And have been there for at least 3 months.
I think I feel most of the blend and strain method.
I should stay with it and see if I finally get good results.

I hope that it is still the reverse tolerance, but many people here have suspected my medication or that I have a very high tolerance.
What medications are you taking? Kava is very subtle compared to many psychoactive pharmaceuticals

LeVon

Kava Curious
The traditional prep worked the best for me. I didnt get much effect from the other methods i have tried. I am definitely sticking with the traditional prep. I tried the alluball, roller pin method and the blender method, because they seemed faster. But the trad. prep works best for me. Now i just save a shell back to drink before i start prepping my kava for the evening, i find it pretty relaxing.

I had to use 8 tbsp. per 2 cups of water to get effects from kava when i was first trying it. And would generally dink all of it in about 2 hrs. Then i could feel the effects pretty strong. Now after a week and a half, i am only using 4 tbsp per 2 cups, and am getting the same if not stronger effects. And then i am doing a second wash with the same 4 tbsp in 1 cup of water, and it works about the same, just a little lighter. I am thankful my reverse tolerance didnt last long, i was starting to think kava would not work too well for me. I am really enjoying my journey with kava. I am feeling soo much better now. Even the next morning i feel calm and relaxed and dont get stressed as easy as i normally would.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I see in this thread that its been mentioned but have you tried micro? There's no way of messing up the prep assuming you haven't eaten anything for a good 4-5 hrs. I'm not saying its the strongest but it works the best for me. Two Tbsp in 3/4 to 2/3 of a cup of liquid of your choice (I prefer juice since I still can't stand the taste of just kava and water). Then repeat in 20 mins. I've been having excellent results from 11 year waka micro. Worth a shot.

Summer

mercy triumphs over judgment
Hmmm, interesting topic.

For me - 8 tablespoons in 2 cups of water is NOT a knock-out amount. I think it may be so among most of the kava-drinking population, but it really just kind of brings me up to where I feel relatively normal and happy, anxiety-free.

Now, I came off a nasty withdrawal from Klonopin, and I feel like I had a lot of receptors damaged and am still healing after a couple of years even. Kava makes me feel more normal, but I wouldn't say I feel krunked most of the time.

I think a lot of people assume that amount will knock you out but it just doesn't for me. Maybe gently up your dose until you feel something.

I'm not sure what medications you are on; I don't think it's wise to mix stuff. I was relatively prescription pill free when I really dove into kava.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I still try nangol and nambawan of Bulakavahouse. I do not want to give up kava yet

Last edited:

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
I got next to nothing from hanakapi ai and I'm on similar meds.
I need to get a decent strainer for trad prep. Hard to find anything in the uk