What's new

AlohaKava

Rebow

Hello Kava people!

About week ago I was introduced to Kava in Tampa, Florida. I liked the calming effect, and even the earthy taste of it.
I ended up buying a pack and brought it back to Europe, and started reading up on it, and so far I really like what I see. It tastes great, tho I can't say much about the potency yet, since ive only made weak brews.

The pack I bought looked well made and since I bought it in a fairly reputable store I didn't question it before I tried to google it.
The barcode on the pack forwards you to alohakava.com, which doesn't exsist, nor does the distributor show up anywhere on any search.
Now im curious to see if any of you have ever heard of this brand.

Bigger pictures:
Front
Back

Rebow

That name popped up a couple of times for me too, tho seems like a dead end.
By the looks of it all, I should probably ask how long dried Kava will keep good lol.. + 11 years? :D

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Rebow can't say I've ever seen that kava vendor before. It's a new one to me. It's odd that it redirects to Mr. Yee's site, as he's been known to produce some pretty great kavas.

If it smells ok (no mold or chemical smells) it may actually be just fine.

Rebow

Thanks Kap'm! It smells sweetly earthy, quite pleasant. No hints of mold or anything else. Actually just found an exp date on it that says 06\16 so its still good.
Everything about it seems legit, except that I can't find who is making it. Ill leave this thread out of a few days before I try asking the guys at Hawaiian Kava Center.
Maybe someone knows something :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
Googling on Krakatoa LLC you can find this:
http://www.tradekey.com/company/Krakatoa-LLC-6550167.html
We are Krakatoa LLC based in Las Vegas, USA. Please find our product details below: Kava #1 Kava wholesaler distributor in USA, large inventory, no need to order kava from south Pacific, we have everything you need here in USA next day shipping. Best quality/ best prices/ best strength. For Kr**** (Mitragyna Speciosa), ***** (Sceletium tortuosum), *** **** (Carnavalia rosea/Maritima), ******** ***** (Zornia Latifolia) Sale and wholesale the best leaves powder and extract pure full spectrum alkaloids made by us in USA with food grade process. We can Capsule or not. Sale minimum order for leaf 1lbs, for extract 1 ounce. Thank you for taking time to go through our business profile. If there are any questions, inquiries or comments, please feel free to contact us.
Apparently a wholesaler who sells other things besides kava, including kr****
EDIT: Censored the common names of the other things they distribute, since they appear to be "legal highs".

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I know for a fact that they offer Vanuatu kava that has been mixed with Tudei, they also offer Noble kava but it is the "Black Label" Kava that is guaranteed to be Noble. I gave some of there kava to Deleted User a while back to test and it did show a stronger orange color than some of the yellow Noble kava. They get there kava from the largest kava supplier in Vanuatu.
I do not know how they are associated with Hawaiian Kava center, maybe they were wanting to start selling Hawaiian kava but Hawaiian Kava Center does not have enough Hawaiian kava to keep up a large supply of Hawaiian kava for export.
I do know that Johnathan at the Hawaiian Kava Center is getting kava cuttings so I can only guess that he is expanding his farm. That means in about 3-5 years you will see a lot more Hawaiian kava on the market. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris

Rebow

Thanks guys, very helpful. Made a few batches of this stuff by now and got no complaints. Can't really compare its potency to anything, this being my first time trying it. Drank a liter of it the other night and it's got kick. Lost my appetite for a day too lol, which is apparently a common side effect.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Thanks guys, very helpful. Made a few batches of this stuff by now and got no complaints. Can't really compare its potency to anything, this being my first time trying it. Drank a liter of it the other night and it's got kick. Lost my appetite for a day too lol, which is apparently a common side effect.
Sealed in a dry place, it should be okay. After a couple years dry kava can lose some aroma, and eventually some potency but is still safe to drink. If you like what it does for you, drink away.

Kava Tradition

Kava Tradition offer the most potent and choices

Hello Kava people!

About week ago I was introduced to Kava in Tampa, Florida. I liked the calming effect, and even the earthy taste of it.
I ended up buying a pack and brought it back to Europe, and started reading up on it, and so far I really like what I see. It tastes great, tho I can't say much about the potency yet, since ive only made weak brews.

The pack I bought looked well made and since I bought it in a fairly reputable store I didn't question it before I tried to google it.
The barcode on the pack forwards you to alohakava.com, which doesn't exsist, nor does the distributor show up anywhere on any search.
Now im curious to see if any of you have ever heard of this brand.

Bigger pictures:
Front
Back

Hello,

We attempted to reach a market based in Hawaii with our Aloha Kava products. However, we decided to diversify the market and now these products are re branded as Kava Tradition . Our packaging and labels are similar to the Aloha Kava but with a new name. You can visit our website for more information on these products and to order more products. We appreciate your business

www.kavatradition.com

Thank you,

Tami

verticity

I'm interested in things
Hello,

We attempted to reach a market based in Hawaii with our Aloha Kava products. However, we decided to diversify the market and now these products are re branded as Kava Tradition . Our packaging and labels are similar to the Aloha Kava but with a new name. You can visit our website for more information on these products and to order more products. We appreciate your business

www.kavatradition.com

Thank you,

Tami
Are your kavas noble?

D

Deleted User01

Do we call you Sir Laurent or just Krakatoa (east of Java). Ok, ok, .... I'm kidding. :D Thanks for showing up and representing. Based on our declaration to "poo poo" Tudei, it may behoove you to work with @Deleted User to get your kava certified.

Kava Tradition

Kava Tradition offer the most potent and choices
Do we call you Sir Laurent or just Krakatoa (east of Java). Ok, ok, .... I'm kidding. :D Thanks for showing up and representing. Based on our declaration to "poo poo" Tudei, it may behoove you to work with @Deleted User to get your kava certified.
Never heard of that brand, but here's the whois on the website owner:

LAURENT OLIVIER
KRAKATOA LLC
3422 OLD CAPITOL TRL 1797
WILMINGTON
DELAWARE
[email protected]

The site hasn't been active since 2004, when it had a redirect to hawaiiankavacenter.com. That URL now redirects to http://www.hawaiiankava.com/
The original email doesn't sound too promising...
Hello,

www.kavatradition.com

Thank you,

Tami

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I checked out their Web Site. Something about the style of this site seems eerily familiar and the AKA connection is also familiar. I imagine Ceremonial Kava is code for Tudei. Which is fine, that's how it was used in the days of yore. They also have Solomons. Hmmm, who else has Solomons, oh yeah, Judd has it too. Anyway, it looks like a legitimate Web Site that sells various types of kava.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

@verticity. KavaTradition reminds me of a company that actually supplies kava to a bunch of the members of the AKA but I could be wrong. So far, members of the AKA do not believe in Deleted User's testing methods and they do their own testing that covers everything except the Acetone test. From what I gather, the members of the AKA are not fans of Tuday testing so you probably won't get a COA document. Nice try though. :D In any event, that is why the members here submit kava to @Deleted User. He will tell us what we want to know. Hell, I even submitted some GELCAPS for testing.