What's new

Kava Physiology Ambient air temp and krunkness

blindy107

Kava Lover
So today I had a shell in my protein shaker on my commute. It was a chilly morn so I had the seat heater on. Warm and cozy was my car! Halfway to work I felt really great. Happy and energized and just plain krunk. I was giggling at the radio and other drivers and all was well. Still felt krunk as I arrived at work. About 5 minutes after I got into the cold shop I felt all the happy kava feeling slip away completely.

This isn't the first time I've noticed it either. Very odd the way it feeds off not only our mental state but also physical and body temp. Crazy root!

Anyone else notice anything wild like this?

kavapup

Kava Curious
I live in Maine and we haven't even turned on the heat yet. (Not my choice.) Here I thought I was experiencing reverse tolerance... o_O

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Kava generally makes people feel a bit cold. Somebody here has suggested that this is because it can slightly lower blood pressure..

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I have the opposite problem, kava makes me feel great but cold. I live in Texas so I always have the ceiling fan on, even now in November, but after kava I have to get up and turn it off.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Interesting. Yeah I am usually a cold guy for sure. I have my car window and/or sunroof popped almost year round as well as bedroom window. I just feel more krunk when I'm toasty. Found it odd

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I definitely feel more cold on my skin with some kavas, even if it's hot out. Getting warm alleviates my brain obsessing on the slight discomfort, and allows the kava to reveal itself more fully again.

D

Deleted User01

I vote for Kava makes me cold too. In the winter, it's an excuse to cuddle up with a wam blanket and an audio book. If you don't have a warm blanket, a warm woman is a handy substitute.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I try to get the wifey, to play the fart game, under the blankets. But its a no go. I do like to say, hey, I am spitting up in the air!!!! Then when she ducks under the blankets, I let it rip. But that one she is hip to. Much Love. Roaddog....

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Sitting in this cold room I'd have to say the mental effects aren't tai ted much, but I just recently bundled up in all sorts of warm clothing and I've got to say I certainly feel like the physical effects are ramping up. Could definitely be because of this thread though.