What's new

Any experiences with "overdose"

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Do you mean kanna ? I have tried this just a pinch between cheek and gums , it is indeed a serious potentiator but nausea it brings is not fun at all, you really feel the kava, for hours but most of that time is spent being so nauseated you can't move anyway. Also the cancer concern not for me anymore. The best remedy for not feeling a very strong kava like BKH's Nambawan is a week or two break from kava and instead of going for the full on krunk every session enjoy the lighter effects by taking lowest amount possible for you to feel any effects . Works for me anyway and has for over 20 years but we're all different.
Hi Myk...never heard of kanna - I meant chewed fresh green kava which is how it is traditionally prepared in southern Vanuatu.
Definitely worth a try if you ever have the opportunity to visit.

Reactions: Myk

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Tanna is an island, the capital of Tafea province in southern Vanuatu. They have lots of nabanga trees and a famous volcano. Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinborogu, is man Tanna.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Hi Myk...never heard of kanna - I meant chewed fresh green kava which is how it is traditionally prepared in southern Vanuatu.
Definitely worth a try if you ever have the opportunity to visit.
Cool ! I will jump on that if the chance ever comes. Once I got there I doubt I leave willingly ;)

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
@kastom_lif
Myk was talking about "kanna", some kind of substance taken orally, not Tanna the island. I know Tanna the island well, spent 6 months working there once...but had never heard of "kanna" until i googled it yesterday.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The first time I had fresh it hit really hard for some reason and I kinda freaked out a bit lol.. some people are just sensitive to changes and sometimes that just mixes the "wrong way" sometimes lol.