What's new

Are you a Kava Traditionalist? Please show your support.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Fascinating question. The main difference between Creole and Pidgin is that Pidgin is used when a local language cannot be used. Creole is a language that you are born in to - your mother tongue. I think the languages remain Pidgin or Creole despite the outsider's presence and their ability to communicate in said Pidgin or Creole.
Yes, I wasn't suggesting an outsider would change the actual language (although the presence of a lot of outsiders created the language in the first place) Just a lame joke that my waetman attempt to write Bislama could be considered pidgin-bislama, so kind of Pidgin-Pidgin-English.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I have nothing to contribute, but hats off to you for starting such a beautiful project! I wish you all the best with it :)

Crunked

Proselytizer
Do members of the truekava website have to give their full name? I'm just thinking that (a) once on the internet, it's there forever; and (b) there are some kava drinkers who might not want their habit to be known world-wide.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I think the inclusion of full names adds credibility to the cause and to kava, but I understand completely what you're saying.

If anyone would like to be listed but has these concerns, I would be happy to post only first name, last initial, and location, like so: Garry S. - IA, USA
I would be happy to contribute, but I still wouldn't be comfortable, as the combination of my frist name, last initial, location is pretty uncommon, it would not be hard to doxx me. This is the internet afterall, literally anyone in the world with an internet connection can see it, and not all of them are friendly.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Traditional kava + mushrooms = big bootys
obviously
Well, not really into to mushrooms, or big booties. But the song seemed happy and funny. And that's how I feel about kava, so that's how I showed my support. much love Roaddog...