What's new

Effects of Smoking Kava?

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Anyone tried smoking or vaporizing kava. According to a few people on erowid, it took very little kava to reach axing effects (and this was crappy capsule kava too). Would anyone advise against it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

It is highly recommended that you don't try to smoke Kava powder. I don't know about extracts.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes, I would advise against it. Here is why it takes a half a cup for me to get good effects. I'm imagine how much you would have to smoke. Also I'm a member of another forum, where this was tried. They only ended up with soar throats, from coughing. But do I think its dangerous, probably not. No worse than standing around a smoky campfire.

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
I saw this thread and was like... what in the *uck? lol I wouldn't smoke the stuff. nope. I'm sure if it were to be smoked the ancients would have been doing so.

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
Kava_newbie But the whole premise of smoking is super random. Like the fact that somebody got the idea to smoke anything is random, so the idea could've just never arisen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Vaping 250mg of kavalactones sounds like an aweful experience. I'm with @Kava_newbie, if it were an acceptable form of consumption the islanders would have been doing that eons ago.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
There's always someone out there trying to turn a buck, and there's always someone out there who's willing to hand over that buck. I can say only one thing, if this is a real product, and really has kava in it (in a sizeable amount) it would be something 99.9% of all people on earth would try once, remark about the burning tire taste, and never pick up again.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
apparently it's their "new best seller": http://ww w.herb alzensations.com/liquid-juice-kava-warrior-vapor-liquid-p-834.html?cPath=5000022&osCsid=b8469dcaebc0493c61d9cbc 95fd5905e

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
@Henry G. - I unlinked the direct link to that site. Man, they lay it on thick with "herbal" products.
No worries, mate. I'm sorry for posting it, I just wanted to demonstrate that is seems to be a real thing. I am always astonished to learn how easy it is to persuade people to put random shit into their bodies.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
You're absolutely fine, good Sir. No apology necessary. Agreed. If only we could let their customers know what real kava is.

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Just from microwaving kava for too long, I know how totally frigging nasty it can smell when it's hot. Never mind when it's on fire. Never mind smoking 8 tablespoons of it. It must be some form of Polynesian torture. Like when your dad catches you drinking the village's kava and he makes you smoke the whole plant.