What's new

First Kava experience in the mail.

Alien

Kava Newbie
The conversation on RT is interesting in this thread. I consider myself somewhere in between having to go through the RT phase and not having to. It's hard to explain. I can feel effects and know they're there but they seem to be rather mild. Nothing as strong as what I read in the reviews for these particular kavas. At the same time the feelings are definitely there just weaker than I think they ought to be.

Perhaps the RT isn't a black and white issue as it seems to be made out to be by a lot of people. If a scale of 1-10 is used where a 1 is in a complete RT phase and 10 is not being in a RT phase I'd say my experiences yesterday and today are a solid 4 possibly a 5. It's hard to explain. :happy:

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
I fell somewhere in the middle. I definitely felt something the first time, but after about a week I found I was using half of what I had been to get better effects. Now it's just amazing. Though I have noticed a slight uptick in tolerance since then, it's nothing compared to the pace of alcohol or cannabis tolerance.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
The conversation on RT is interesting in this thread. I consider myself somewhere in between having to go through the RT phase and not having to. It's hard to explain. I can feel effects and know they're there but they seem to be rather mild. Nothing as strong as what I read in the reviews for these particular kavas. At the same time the feelings are definitely there just weaker than I think they ought to be.

Perhaps the RT isn't a black and white issue as it seems to be made out to be by a lot of people. If a scale of 1-10 is used where a 1 is in a complete RT phase and 10 is not being in a RT phase I'd say my experiences yesterday and today are a solid 4 possibly a 5. It's hard to explain. :happy:
When you get to 10 you'll know !!

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Sometimes Kava really hits me hard. But I'm not really sure if it's from RT or because I had been drinking alcohol a few days prior.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Does kava hit you harder when you drank a day or days prior ?
I'm tempted to say the closer to drinking the stronger the effect. But I'm not really sure, so I don't want to mislead. I just notice that Kava hits me harder at times more than others, and was thinking out loud, it might be related to when I drink somehow.

Last edited:

Alien

Kava Newbie
When you get to 10 you'll know !!
Good to know. I still have yet to get there. I've been overdoing it on purpose yesterday and today just to help me get there. Yesterday I documented my intake in my thread here in this forum. Today I started to but didn't finish so here goes--

About 1/3rd tablespoon PK extract around 11:30am or so. About 2 hours later another 1/3rd tablespoon. Recommended dose is 1/4th per the label. About 30 minutes later 4oz of the Solomon kava I prepared yesterday. About 1 hour later the last 4oz of the Solomon from what I had prepared yesterday. About 30 minutes after that 4oz of the Wow kava leftover from yesterday. 30 minutes later the other 4oz leftover from yesterday. It's now been about 90 minutes since that last dose.

At no point did I feel any effects increase nor feel any strong effects of anything. Very light anti-anxiety feelings, very light muscle relaxation, a tiny bit of euphoria and sedation. Nothing major by any means across the board.

I'm hoping this is all just helping me to get through this RT phase. I also hope this amount of kava intake isn't required long-term because I'd guess I've consumed some ~$20 of kava today. It's not a boatload of money by any means but I'd hope in the future that would be much more than I would need to get krunked. I am anxious to receive my BKH products and try them out. :nailbiting:

CanAwa

Good to know. I still have yet to get there. I've been overdoing it on purpose yesterday and today just to help me get there. Yesterday I documented my intake in my thread here in this forum. Today I started to but didn't finish so here goes--

About 1/3rd tablespoon PK extract around 11:30am or so. About 2 hours later another 1/3rd tablespoon. Recommended dose is 1/4th per the label. About 30 minutes later 4oz of the Solomon kava I prepared yesterday. About 1 hour later the last 4oz of the Solomon from what I had prepared yesterday. About 30 minutes after that 4oz of the Wow kava leftover from yesterday. 30 minutes later the other 4oz leftover from yesterday. It's now been about 90 minutes since that last dose.

At no point did I feel any effects increase nor feel any strong effects of anything. Very light anti-anxiety feelings, very light muscle relaxation, a tiny bit of euphoria and sedation. Nothing major by any means across the board.

I'm hoping this is all just helping me to get through this RT phase. I also hope this amount of kava intake isn't required long-term because I'd guess I've consumed some ~$20 of kava today. It's not a boatload of money by any means but I'd hope in the future that would be much more than I would need to get krunked. I am anxious to receive my BKH products and try them out. :nailbiting:
That amount of kava would floor me !! Your clearly not through. When I broke through I actually didn't like the feeling I got ..I was too ripped . I took my last shell of about 8 and then I ate a banana and by the time I was done I was floored. Turned me off kava for like 2 weeks . I got back on the horse and took it slower untill I found a comfortable spot but it's different with each type

CanAwa

I would stick with your cheapest bag and plug through that untill your through or else your wasting a lot of cash and a lot of great root !!

Alien

Kava Newbie
I would stick with your cheapest bag and plug through that untill your through or else your wasting a lot of cash and a lot of great root !!
Good advice. I don't know what kind of kava I will make today though. I am supposed to be getting by BKH order delivered within the next couple of hours and I really want to try out one of those despite still being in RT. The only kava I have right now and that I still haven't tried is the Wakacon 1lb bag from Amazon that had gotten delivered yesterday.

I may be wasting some good kava root right now but I still think I'll go with either Melo Melo or the Boroguru today.

BTW, the PK extract that everyone says tastes good or not bad is full of it. Well, not really as everyone has their own opinion, but to me it tastes just as bad as the drink the only difference is it's not in your whole mouth since it's just little bits under your tongue. :D

CanAwa

Mello is my favorite at the moment ..I would tap into the cheap wakacon ..I hear it's good too ..you'll love the Mello when u break through ..I haven't tried the extract yet ..little too pricey for my budget ..and shipping to Canada is expensive

Alien

Kava Newbie
Mello is my favorite at the moment ..I would tap into the cheap wakacon ..I hear it's good too ..you'll love the Mello when u break through ..I haven't tried the extract yet ..little too pricey for my budget ..and shipping to Canada is expensive
I think I'll make a little batch of the Melo Melo first. If I'm still in the RT phase, which I bet I will be, I will likely brew up a big batch of the Wakacon. Mailman should be here any minute but it could be up to another hour from now. I have only eaten a banana this morning because I wanted to have my kava on an empty stomach this morning.

violet

Do all things with love
I had very little RT, and my husband didn't have it at all.

I think something that might go along with factoring in RT is confidence in extraction with prep method and the ability to "listen" to the kava. Whatever prep method someone is using, they will probably be much better extracting grog after the first month then the first week or so, I think this is a big reason why some kavas aren't recommended to "newbies." If you're extraction is sub par, you're not going get what you should from the amount of kava you are using.

While trying different kavas is fun, I feel that choosing a particular type of kava to stay with for a little while in the beginning will give you a very good idea how well you are extracting. It's hard to gauge inconsistencies with dosage, prep method, and other variables if the kava doesn't stay the same (and on top of that, I have found that the effects from kava can be fickle on their own at times). It will also help you attune really well to how that particular kava affects you, which will help you evaluate other kavas and tune your dosage.

iglooNakamal

Kava Enthusiast
Pretty sure I am trying this stuff right now. I had ordered a bunch of extracts to try out and now regret it. This is super dark when added to water, and dissolves. Can someone explain to me why it dissolves when Kava is not water soluable?
Extraction makes it water soluable and molasses colored?

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Pretty sure I am trying this stuff right now. I had ordered a bunch of extracts to try out and now regret it. This is super dark when added to water, and dissolves. Can someone explain to me why it dissolves when Kava is not water soluable?
Extraction makes it water soluable and molasses colored?
Even when instant kava "mixes" with water, it's not actually binding to it, like it would with lipids or alcohol. This is because it is only suspended (floating) in the water. This mere suspension will be evident upon seeing the root sinking to the bottom of the glass after leaving it for a while.

Also when kavalactones bind with alcohol or other solvents (in an extract), and the solvent mixes with water, it can give the impression of soluability. But alas, it is merely kavalactones being emulsified with water via the solvent.

Hope this helps!