What's new

I Love Kava Friday Friday Poll: What is Kava?

What is Kava?

• A Tree

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A Shrub

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • A Mammal

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • A Reptile

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • A Virus

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

verticity

I'm interested in things
OK, let me make the case for kava being a virus. Viruses are not independent life forms. They require a host, which they infect to make more copies of themselves. Domesticated kava does not grow in the wild. It is propagated by cuttings made by human kava growers. In other words, kava "infects" the minds of kava drinkers, causing them to create more reproductions of itself..

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Too bad that doesn't answer to OP's question.
I disagree, it does bring OP closer to the solution. If you study the data so far, kava is not a shrub, two votes for "tree" and one for virus vs eight votes for "vertebrates".
I'm prepared to push forward the motion that we have a poll determining what type of vertebrae kava is. That should narrow this down even more.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I disagree, it does bring OP closer to the solution. If you study the data so far, kava is not a shrub, two votes for "tree" and one for virus vs eight votes for "vertebrates".
I'm prepared to push forward the motion that we have a poll determining what type of vertebrae kava is. That should narrow this down even more.
We should also entertain the possibility that there actually are different kinds of kava: Mammalian, Reptilian, Viral, Arboreal, and who knows possibly even "shrubs", although the latter seems pretty unlikely.