What's new

full spectrum extract from meridian botanicals

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I have recently contacted my supplier about our kava extract, and it is extracted with alcohol and water from lateral roots which are sourced from Vanuatu. The color is bright bright yellow, indicating a favorable kavalactone content (tudei kavalactones are more brown, are they not?).
I just wanted to mention that tudei kava is even more yellow than Noble kava, the yellow color does not mean it is Noble, in fact one of the largest suppliers of kava in Vanuatu uses the brighter yellow color of the tudei to weed out the tudei that slips through when he gets his fresh root. The coloration that will tell the difference from tudei and noble kava is the one using the colermetric test or the acetone test. Tudei has a molecule that causes the orange color in the solvent. Our eyes are not good enough to see small amounts of adulteration that is why @Deleted User made his colormetric test so accurate so you can see even small amounts all based on the color saturation.

K

Koda

Thank you Bulabuck! I use these herbs multiple times daily and they are quite the staple in my life. I much prefer, if available, herbs of the highest quality, be they kava, rhodiola, or even green tea. Herbs can do some magical things, but if they come with toxins, pesticides, or other contaminants or undesirables, we are undoing the whole point of what it means to take herbal medicine, and ultimately undoing the great work of the expansion that comes with health and harmony with nature.

Thanks for sharing that information Gourmet Hawaiian Kava! So is it possible to have a kava extract tested for the presence of a Tuedei strain? Would this be done by analyzing the DHM content or the DHM to Kavain ratio? Are there trustworthy individuals or companies that can analyze this kava extract without costing an arm or a leg?

Thanks!