What's new

Gad zooks my favs are sold out!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
It is the Apocalypse y'all! The best @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava instants are sold out, @Bula Kava House 11yr is out! =) I hope this isn't a sign of supply chain probs. Hopefully it's just my bad luck of running out when I should have order earlier. Well I recon I got my Kava Kandies and some @Kalm with Kava fijan medium grind to hold me over... May have to try some other micro...

gork

Kava Enthusiast
It's my understanding Kava around Tounga and Malaysia is growing a new harvest Real Soon now. I simply don't know fully what happened so as that Kava (ingeneral) is low spot. Something to do with rain, storms and demand.
@Instants they said in another thread their's some issues with getting enough sun for harvests. Has to do with growth and drying. Hope it works out for you!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
It is the Apocalypse y'all! The best @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava instants are sold out, @Bula Kava House 11yr is out! =) I hope this isn't a sign of supply chain probs. Hopefully it's just my bad luck of running out when I should have order earlier. Well I recon I got my Kava Kandies and some @Kalm with Kava fijan medium grind to hold me over... May have to try some other micro...
The Moi instant is one of my best sellers. I was just talking to another kava forums member yesterday about the Moi instant being out of stalk and that it would be in stalk by Monday. Well I got it done early and it is back in stock right now. :hungry:
Get it while it lasts. (y)
Here is a link to the Moi Instant
Aloha.

Chris

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
You could probably find some Wakaya Perfection kava (micronized) available. ::KavaChug::
The Moi instant is one of my best sellers. I was just talking to another kava forums member yesterday about the Moi instant being out of stalk and that it would be in stalk by Monday. Well I got it done early and it is back in stock right now. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris
I still get the out of stock sad face =)

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
Aloha.

Chris
Hey Chris,

Any more papa Ele on deck? I sent a message via your site but havent heard back.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Is this one you have tried yourself...takes that back you have tried everything... Never heard of them before, so what the score on it?
The 11yr waka (which is now 11yr in name only) is grown on Wakaya Island in Fiji. BKH used to be the only way you could get it (other than one short period where Paradise Kava also sold it as 12yr waka) but then the grower started selling it themselves under their health/supplements brand Wakaya Perfection. I recall it being ridiculously expensive though, and I doubt their stock moves fast. Probably better to wait until BKH gets it in stock again.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Ya what I found price point wise was simular to current markets, but no reviews etc had me take it a bit slower. May get some soon if BKH doesn’t get it back in stock soon.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Yup, I found the 11 year waka to be out of stock last Friday.
Ended up ordering some Ikaika micro instead. I love 11 year but it will be nice to try something different too.
Just got a notification its waiting in my mailbox at home.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Ended up ordering the Moi micro. It’s been good in the past. On a whim I also ordered some of Kava King's cocoa Kava drink mix. At first the rice ingredient had me skeptical. I understand why it’s there ( allows it to mix in the water better ), but I wasn’t sold. I am a chocolate fiend, so I said why not. Got it in today and tried it. It doesn’t have a strong Kava flavor and the chocolate is weak; however, I was pleasantly surprised it had a somewhat heady feel to it. Mind you it wasn’t overwhelming, but it was nice. I will buy it again!

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
My fav, supreme, is out also (well could get the tiny bags, but holding out for the bigger ones). I am trying other things, but I wish I had my go to.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Ended up ordering the Moi micro. It’s been good in the past. On a whim I also ordered some of Kava King's cocoa Kava drink mix. At first the rice ingredient had me skeptical. I understand why it’s there ( allows it to mix in the water better ), but I wasn’t sold. I am a chocolate fiend, so I said why not. Got it in today and tried it. It doesn’t have a strong Kava flavor and the chocolate is weak; however, I was pleasantly surprised it had a somewhat heady feel to it. Mind you it wasn’t overwhelming, but it was nice. I will buy it again!
Awesome! Personally I like to keep on hand both super strong and enthusiastic, lighter just fun, and something that's a quirky mix. Any word when Bula's 11 year might come back. (if at all)? Only had it once.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
My fav, supreme, is out also (well could get the tiny bags, but holding out for the bigger ones). I am trying other things, but I wish I had my go to.
Yea I noticed this on A BUNCH of kava sales sites. This is probably the next shoe to drop in the supply/demand equations. There appears to be a supply drop in our go to Kavas. This will only lead to even higher prices as so much is being blended and shipped around the world due to increased demand. Good ol guys like Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava will keep his kava pure; however, it appears supplies may be getting tight with him as well. This can be good for their business for now with the increase in prices (they all deserve to be paid well for good products). I do worry about the overall industry quality in future products. Hopefully, in a few years as new/returning farmers get on board, things will balance out!

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
Yea I noticed this on A BUNCH of kava sales sites. This is probably the next shoe to drop in the supply/demand equations. There appears to be a supply drop in our go to Kavas. This will only lead to even higher prices as so much is being blended and shipped around the world due to increased demand. Good ol guys like Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava will keep his kava pure; however, it appears supplies may be getting tight with him as well. This can be good for their business for now with the increase in prices (they all deserve to be paid well for good products). I do worry about the overall industry quality in future products. Hopefully, in a few years as new/returning farmers get on board, things will balance out!
I am torn by being glad that the good suppliers are seeing some more business and selfishly wanting it to not get so popular that we have price jumps and, worse, shortages. I think kavafied has had some nice deserved publicity due to the aluball and espn article. But I don’t like it that my favorite is sold out!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I am torn by being glad that the good suppliers are seeing some more business and selfishly wanting it to not get so popular that we have price jumps and, worse, shortages. I think kavafied has had some nice deserved publicity due to the aluball and espn article. But I don’t like it that my favorite is sold out!
Same here

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
We've got more on the way. No new supply issues. It just sometimes takes more time to process and ship. Sorry for the delay. I appreciate your patience.

FYI, we have instant in stock and it's the best out there.

Judd

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Or it could go otherways. Someone has a website. It sells all kinds of stuff. Some normal. Some fun but quirky. Some exotic and strange. Pike Market Washington is like that. MarketSpice tea sells a lot of great, but hard to find teas (for example). Tanzig and Momo (spelling) is (or was) like that. So maybie they want to sell this weird mud colord stuff, because one of the owners, or workers likes I duno a Lawena. Well that gets popular but still a niche thing.
So they sell it on amazon as well as their website. Toss in free shipping and you may have a great exotic and nich drink to start people off with. That's what Tanzing and Momo's did acording to one of the workers. They have 5 season tea, white teas, exotic (polynesian possibly) decorations. Some of those even in seattle just didn't get traction and put them on Amazon. For a while they sold a Skullcap and Catnip blend. Some of their exotic aromatic oils for tea candle holders would end up their. Great place ^_^ They breifly tried selling some sort of Kava blend as well. Then stopped. I haven't a clue why. Might have been someething they were just experimenting with. Vital Teas does that to.

Sufficed to say that another possability is something that's pretty niche in America (Kava) is worth asking the company to sell on their website and amazon. What sane company says no to a casual way get an item to the unwashed masses? I just use amazon as an example from lots really great postive experiences recently.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
We've got more on the way. No new supply issues. It just sometimes takes more time to process and ship. Sorry for the delay. I appreciate your patience.

FYI, we have instant in stock and it's the best out there.

Judd
Kick ass! If you (as just you with and friends , or family what ever) end up in Seattle for vacation. See if you can stop by Pike Market. I sugest that, because it's great lively and fun experience. But also because Last year some of the farmers were sampling all kinds of stuff. Kava was on that list. I haven't a clue what the roots were.One of them had some mixed in a refreshing fruit drink(. I don't know if that was just that farmer or sometimes a common thing. Great afternoon pick-me-up on a 70F day.
And
If you're into teas or beer The Sample Room last time I was their had a small samples of local beers. One of them called Steam Ale I hadn't heard of and thought was just fun thing unique to that pub. (Steamers Ale SteamPunk themed brewery). Turns out it's actually a thing. Second Street NM is trying to sell it. Nice fun hardy winter thing. They served it warm as a Tody. Sounds gross. But strangely worked, a kind of a grassy, hardy warm refreshing flavor and feel. I think they mixed theirs with spices. Next time I get some I can ask.