What's new

Have I done this right? What now?

Elster

Your limited effects from the root could just be from the kava you are using, i suggest trying some tried and tested kava from BKH or KBR instead, your prep seems good so you should be getting stronger effects. I sometimes think people overestimate reverse tolerance.

Last edited:

Jay

Kava Curious
Your limited effects from the root could just be from the kava you are using, i suggest trying some tried and tested kava from BKH or KBR instead, your prep seems good so you should be getting stronger effects. I sometimes think people overestimate reverse tolerance.
My next order is going to be from bkh. Not sure how long will take to get to uk though lol. Ordering tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Elster

last time i ordered it took 12 days, so it should be about that, you also sometimes get really unlucky and are charged a £13 customs fee.

Jay

Kava Curious
My orders in :-

1/4 of borogu
1/4 of koniak
1x instant

Communication been fantastic so far!

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
The Malekula Magic is probably the weakest Kava I have ever tested. It used to be a very good Kava two years ago, but I am disappointed from the last three orders (2x VKS, 1x GKE - which is stuff from VKS). VKS seems to sell crap!

Jay

Kava Curious
The Malekula Magic is probably the weakest Kava I have ever tested. It used to be a very good Kava two years ago, but I am disappointed from the last three orders (2x VKS, 1x GKE - which is stuff from VKS). VKS seems to sell crap!
Wow, fair enough. I shall approach the koniak from bkh with caution then lol. I'll go for 6 tbsp to a pint of water. See how I get on. Be interesting to see the difference.

violet

Do all things with love
Wow, fair enough. I shall approach the koniak from bkh with caution then lol. I'll go for 6 tbsp to a pint of water. See how I get on. Be interesting to see the difference.
Still a bit new to this myself, I'm not familiar with Malekula Magic but have tried Koniak and drink daily Boroguru. I was drinking 6 tbsp at a time, but am now usually down to 4. My experience with Koniak... I only subbed in 1 or 2 tbsp at times for Boroguru in my mix, and it was seriously way more potent. I found that I couldn't drink that mix daily either. I may just be super sensitive to the Koniak, or it could be the root. Just wanted to share. I'm sure you find the Boroguru is awesome, and I'd love to hear how your experience goes with the Koniak.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Kava Curious
Well, I do keep revisiting this thread, it's kinda like a journal of a newbie lol, but I will definitely update with my experiences.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Jay, I consider myself a newbie (or close enough to it). Checking in and learning from your experiences. Glad for your posts.

Jay

Kava Curious
Well, as my order from bkh hasn't arrived yet, I had a mooch through my cupboards to see what I had. I had about 15g of waka which I have toss and washed, 3 valerian root tablets and 3 yogi kava tea bags lol. So I'm hoping that might relax me a bit. (If I don't puke from the toss and wash lol)

Jay

Kava Curious
Btw that post isn't a complaint about bkh, I'm not expecting the order yet anyway (just to clarify)

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
I think you'll be thoroughly impressed with your BKH order. Judd puts out a really good product. Boroguru is my everyday kava and Koniak is my "knockout" kava so to speak. Be careful no to have any early morning responsibilities after a heavy night of Koniak....you won't want to wake up haha.

Jay

Kava Curious
I think you'll be thoroughly impressed with your BKH order. Judd puts out a really good product. Boroguru is my everyday kava and Koniak is my "knockout" kava so to speak. Be careful no to have any early morning responsibilities after a heavy night of Koniak....you won't want to wake up haha.
That's what I need to help adjust my shift pattern after nights :D

Jay

Kava Curious
Itssss here!!! I'm going to have 2 tsps of instant green now, and going to watch a movie with some koniak tonight!!!
Packaging is very professional looking.
Will give my input on bkh stuff tonight. It's midday in England now by the way.

blissy

Kava Curious
Yesss :happy: That's funny, Europeans with orders on the way are all receiving their kava these days.

Jay

Kava Curious
Koniak is soaking as we speak. 6tbs in about a pint and half of water. Just waiting for the ok from the mrs to let me cut up her tights again lol!!

blissy

Kava Curious
Jay, did you have the sample pack from BHK or separate strains?
And so how was your Koniak evening? :smuggrin: