What's new

Hello everyone

Summerbreeze

Kava Curious
I decided it was time to stop lurking and introduce myself. I decided to find a forum exclusively devoted to Kava to learn as much as I can and find a good vendor who specializes in this amazing plant and I believe I landed at the right place! I became interested in Kava for its pain relieving qualities and found it very useful not only for pain (I battle with chronic neck and back pain) but also as a mood enhancer and stress reliever. I started with capsules about 3 years ago from an online vendor, but found them all but useless. I went from those to an extract that was quite nice as far as effects, but oh so stinky and nasty tasting! I tried traditional root, but again, the taste was hard to cope with, especially when I had to drink so much of it for a noticeable effect. I then moved on to a golden paste that I capped and found it to be pretty strong but the effects lasted only 30 minutes to an hour max. If I pushed the envelope and took another cap, nausea took over and so-----the search continues...
I managed to stop taking narcotic pain pills three years ago (yay me!). It was a struggle I shall never forget and never want to experience again! Any advice is appreciated! :)

kavapup

Kava Curious
Welcome to the forum! ::happyshell::

I'm a relative newbie to kava. If the taste of the traditional dried, strained root is too much for you, try the instant or micronized. Both of those can just be mixed with your favorite juice. Much more palatable! I recommend Gourmet Hawaiian Kava's products.

Summerbreeze

Kava Curious
Thank you Kavapup! I keep going to GHK's thread and website time and again reading and trying to make a decision. I appreciate the recommendation!