What's new

Hello Kava Forums *Question Time for a New User

Bastion

If a 99lb girl eats 1lb of nachos, she is 1% nacho
I drive big trucks but not as big as a US truck... we have pedestrians and shit over here...

@Bastion I have driven plenty of miles after drinking kava, if you stick to a heady, non sedative type of which Pouni Ono is perfect then it doesn't affect your coordination in any way and just puts you into a focused state of mind. Of course dose is everything, don't go knocking back huge shells of strong stuff, keep it medicinal during the day, but yes, you can do it. Then when you park you can mix yourself a nice heavy kava and drift off into a nice kava sleep. Consider M'oi for daytime too. Micro or instant is easier on the road but consider an alubottle with med grind for more variety.
Pedestrians? You speed bumps? :p
Didn't have the best 'trucking' day today. Got distracted with my company calling me and forgot a big step in dropping a trailer...dollying the legs down. So yeah, dropped trailer, oh and it was a dump trailer so there was oil from the hydraulics spilled everywhere. What a pain.

Anyways, pouni Ono is next one I want to try.

I read some stuff about melo melo, anyone ever try? https://kava.com/shop/bula-kava-melo-melo-kava-powder/ . (thought I read bad stuff about kava.com?)

And paradise, I heard that's not made anymore. Did anyone ever pick it back up?

Bastion

Welcome to the forums. I don't recommend taking kava while driving for sure. If nothing else, it makes you wanna pee. KalmWithKava is a very good vendor. Good stuff and tests well. You can take a big dose of kava on Saturday nite to make your Sundays more mellow. Perhaps a few doses in the afternoon would help the medicine go down to. If you dread Sundays because you are hungover, I gotta admit that Kava is a good cure for that too. But remember, that kind of kava you bought will make you sleepy so plan accordingly.
The sunday Dread I talk about is really the dread I feel for monday and going back to work. I guess everyone has that to some degree but it really bumbs me out and gets me all worked up. I don't get hungover, because I don't drink--alcohol has never gave me what other people seem to get from it. I like the way it tastes, like candy :) but other than that, I don't drink much.

Oh yeah... the ouroboros or whatever its called...yikes...turns me into a bean bag.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Pedestrians? You speed bumps? :p
Didn't have the best 'trucking' day today. Got distracted with my company calling me and forgot a big step in dropping a trailer...dollying the legs down. So yeah, dropped trailer, oh and it was a dump trailer so there was oil from the hydraulics spilled everywhere. What a pain.
Pedestrians, speed bumps, railings, low bridges, weight restrictions, narrow roads, more traffic than the roads can cope with. It's all fun, we should swap for a week. Yes, putting the legs down is pretty crucial! That's one thing I've managed to never do but given the above I have got myself into some pretty interesting situations over the years.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I read some stuff about melo melo, anyone ever try? https://kava.com/shop/bula-kava-melo-melo-kava-powder/ . (thought I read bad stuff about kava.com?)
Melo melo is a good one that Bula Kava House used to sell, but I don't think they have it currently. Kava dot com resells BKH (and other brands), so that Melo Melo has probably been sitting around in a warehouse for a while. I have had some bad experiences with Kava dot com, but BKH does have good kava, so I would recommend ordering directly from them. The Nambawan is generally strong and heady...

D

Deleted User01

@Bastion, you might consider a "heady" kava for Sundays. When I'm in the dumps, that kind of kava helps motivate me. Then you can have your Boronguru at night and wake up with what we call the "Shield Effect". You feel pretty mellow and after a good nights sleep. Of course one of the cures for the Sunday Blues is to have a big list of things to do. You won't have time to think about Monday.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
@Bastion, you might consider a "heady" kava for Sundays. When I'm in the dumps, that kind of kava helps motivate me. Then you can have your Boronguru at night and wake up with what we call the "Shield Effect". You feel pretty mellow and after a good nights sleep. Of course one of the cures for the Sunday Blues is to have a big list of things to do. You won't have time to think about Monday.
Listen to the old man, he knows. Granted I don't do well with listening to him or I would stop only drinking heavy kava which more or less turns me into a slug. It's my only defense.

D

Deleted User01

Listen to the old man, he knows. Granted I don't do well with listening to him or I would stop only drinking heavy kava which more or less turns me into a slug. It's my only defense.
At least you didn't call me "an old fart". :LOL: There is a place in every kava arsenal for both heavy and heady. Experiment with both.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
At least you didn't call me "an old fart". :LOL: There is a place in every kava arsenal for both heavy and heady. Experiment with both.
Lol, I think the problem I have with heady kava is that it comes off too weak for me and I used to drink a lot of whiskey so something broken in me needs to be unable to move. That said I have a pound of squanch waka and lawena coming and I hear they are on the more heady side so we shall see.

Bastion

Melo melo is a good one that Bula Kava House used to sell, but I don't think they have it currently. Kava dot com resells BKH (and other brands), so that Melo Melo has probably been sitting around in a warehouse for a while. I have had some bad experiences with Kava dot com, but BKH does have good kava, so I would recommend ordering directly from them. The Nambawan is generally strong and heady...
Deleted User01, ha, I found the orignal post where someone turned you on to nambawan back in 2013 from the poster Kavadude

Would you guys consider Nambawan very heady? From what I can tell reading reviews, it seems very STRONG and balanced-- emphasis on the STRONK.
Also from reading the reviews, people are very satisfied.

I wish I could try all the kavas. I think Ill either go with this or if someone can recommend something very heady. I was thinking of that pau ono from kwk.

Tonight Im getting a clean sock, blending in cold water then sock in a bowl method. Well see how it turns out.

Pedestrians, speed bumps, railings, low bridges, weight restrictions, narrow roads, more traffic than the roads can cope with. It's all fun, we should swap for a week. Yes, putting the legs down is pretty crucial! That's one thing I've managed to never do but given the above I have got myself into some pretty interesting situations over the years.
And yeah, now I don't work there anymore. Good riddance. This company lied from the get go and would never do what they promised. Id work a sunday for them, theyd offer me more money, and they wouldnt come through. One thing after another. Bunch of liars. I haven't had a bad experience with any other company before this, I guess it was bound to happen.

I dont know how they work ya in the UK but over here, it's practically slave labor. I called a company today and asked about their over the road driving opportunities. And after this lady told me how good of a company they are, she then proceeded to tell me that there over the road drivers work 2-3's. Then explained that they are out for 2 weeks and then 3 weeks. And that when our 34 hr restart comes up, they are 'really good' about getting you home. What a joke...34 hour restart...sheesh.

Here they tell you driving isn't a job, it's a lifestyle. ha.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Deleted User01, ha, I found the orignal post where someone turned you on to nambawan back in 2013 from the poster Kavadude

Would you guys consider Nambawan very heady? From what I can tell reading reviews, it seems very STRONG and balanced-- emphasis on the STRONK.
Also from reading the reviews, people are very satisfied....
It's the cycle of life... I miss kavadude...

The thing about Nambawan is that it is a blend of various cultivars from Vanuatu, so the effects could vary if they use a different mix. Test results in the past showed that it was very high in kavain, which is what makes a kava heady, and that has been my experience. But you're right, I have seen more recent reviews suggesting the current batch might be more "balanced", which may be true, I have not bought any very recently. But the consistent thing is that it is always strong..

Sorry to hear about your job. Hopefully you can find something better..

Bastion

Yeah I think I will find something better. Thanks.
The company was sketchy from the get go. Too good to be true is always too good to be true. I was initially offered 1200 a week for 4 days on, 4 days off.
That my friend is too good to be true. And that is where the lies started. Oh well. Better things ahead.

So, tonight I used the borongoru, 1/2 cup-- in a total of 3 cups of cold water. Blended it like I usually do, strainted it, then blended it again.
Even used a 3rd wash.

And while it made my mouth numb, I just don't think it was as strong as it was when I used hot water.

Also my wife was initiated. She wasn't fond of the taste (ha! no surprise there)
And while she say she didn't feel much, she was tired when she took it and instead of it making it her more tired, she says it woke her up and put her in a better mood.
She started doing caligraphy in her bullet journal :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Lol, I think the problem I have with heady kava is that it comes off too weak for me and I used to drink a lot of whiskey so something broken in me needs to be unable to move. That said I have a pound of squanch waka and lawena coming and I hear they are on the more heady side so we shall see.
naw, Squanch is balanced, very balanced, with both profound heavy elements and heady elements, enough that if you absolute heady or heavy you might not like it but if you like one or the other and are even vaguely tolerant of the other, you'll love it. Virtually everyone does. Oh, it's also pretty strong.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

Also from reading the reviews, people are very satisfied.

I wish I could try all the kavas. I think Ill either go with this or if someone can recommend something very heady. I was thinking of that pau ono from kwk.

Tonight Im getting a clean sock, blending in cold water then sock in a bowl method. Well see how it turns out.

And yeah, now I don't work there anymore. Good riddance. This company lied from the get go and would never do what they promised. Id work a sunday for them, theyd offer me more money, and they wouldnt come through. One thing after another. Bunch of liars. I haven't had a bad experience with any other company before this, I guess it was bound to happen.

I dont know how they work ya in the UK but over here, it's practically slave labor. I called a company today and asked about their over the road driving opportunities. And after this lady told me how good of a company they are, she then proceeded to tell me that there over the road drivers work 2-3's. Then explained that they are out for 2 weeks and then 3 weeks. And that when our 34 hr restart comes up, they are 'really good' about getting you home. What a joke...34 hour restart...sheesh.

I wouldn't call Nambawan heady per se, It really is balanced. What it is, unlike any other kava I know, is cosmic. I triple balled 6 TBS tonight and yeah, cosmic. In a very good way.

Bastion

I wouldn't call Nambawan heady per se, It really is balanced. What it is, unlike any other kava I know, is cosmic. I triple balled 6 TBS tonight and yeah, cosmic. In a very good way.
Well that settles it, Nambawan is definitely my next buy.

Do you think the alu ball is just as strong as traditional prep?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

There aren't many drivers who do more than a week away at a time, so Monday to Friday. Only really if they go to the rest of Europe will they do maybe three weeks out. I've done a lot of Monday to Friday staying away but I'm just working days now. I can earn almost as much doing days as I can doing the nights away and I have a new girlfriend I'm living with so it's nice to be home. I work between 10 and 14 hours a day at the moment average about 11. When I was away nights I would regularly do 15 hour days. It's not a bad job and one of the best paid "manual" jobs you can do, you don't need any qualifications beyond a license.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well that settles it, Nambawan is definitely my next buy.

Do you think the alu ball is just as strong as traditional prep?
Yes, absolutely, AluBall can make a grog that is as strong or stronger than trad prep, depending on how you do it. Only diff is you MUST have a spoon in your glass to stir it up between sips unless you are chugging the whole shell at once. AluBall grog settles to the bottom much faster, and in much greater volume, than with any other prep.

Not only that, but the third and fourth washes from AluBall grog, which go trad prepped to knead in a bag, are stronger than their counterparts that have only been trad prepped all along, IMO. That's one of the main advantages to the AluBall, oddly enough, the quality of the third and fourth washes that go kneaded. Of course, the first two in the AluBottle are great, too.

D

Deleted User01

Ok Krunkie, you just answered one of my questions. Does the Aluball do second washes adequately? I always thought that nothing beat squeezing like hell (which can be painful in my case.)