What's new

Hello Kava Forums!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Today I felt the kava like 10x more. It was like I was swept away to the magic kingdom of kava where everything is alright all the time. Kind of startling, but in the most pleasant way. I think the kava is starting to speak to me.

That Papa Kea is definitely calling my name... :)
I think you've done it. That sounds remarkably like the kava experience to me.

Roberta Kavalli

Kavanista in Training
I tried the GHK Mahakea micro as soon as I got it in the door. The effects: I felt like I was taking a ride in a hot air balloon while relaxing on a beach, and holding a bag of $1,000,000.

The gold bags make me feel like I should be living in Italy with Donatella Versace. Super Luxe. IMO, the kava is super medicinal as well (y)

Last edited:

Roberta Kavalli

Kavanista in Training
Thank you for asking @Rookietwoshoes. I am going to say GHK Hanakapi'ai medium grind. I've only prepared it once since it arrived on Saturday, but it made an excellent first impression:shameshame:

This kava transported me to a VERY happy place. I found its flavor and texture delicate and easy to drink. Chris Allen isn't playing around(y) Looking forward to tasting more.

Roberta Kavalli

Kavanista in Training
Almost three weeks into the kava lifestyle and I'm on my second order of Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Life is good.

I prepared some instant Nene this evening and had to pour a little out for @Rookietwoshoes. Some of her thoughts on this awa inspired me to hit that "add to cart" button. Bula and thanks :kiss:

This being my first experience with instant I decided to use 1 tsp at a time in a small glass of water. Over the course of an hour I had three drinks. I prefer to feel the different kavas/grinds out slowly at first. Next time with Nene I'll use a slightly heavier hand. Today's tasting left me with the sensation of floating on the open ocean. Relaxed and serenely riding the waves.

GHK Papa Kea & Kava Kauai's Kava Kwik also came in the mail today::awesomesmiles::

Kimmer

Patently irritable
It's sensible to go slow at first. I purchased Nene because I heard of its sedating effects. Instant didn't hit me that way but I'll have to try the Micro and see how that works.

Roberta Kavalli

Kavanista in Training
@Kimmer, the micro I've tried so far definitely hit me with stronger effects. The instant was dialed down quite a bit, but very nice. I need to play with my amounts to be sure. Too much micro in one drink swept me off my feet once. I learned to take it easy with the micronized kava.

Roberta Kavalli

Kavanista in Training
I've been experiencing some nausea lately and have been going easy on the kava drinking. I think I'm going to try eating a small snack/meal beforehand and see if that helps.

I really like the GHK Papa Kea. I made strong grogs and medium strength grogs with it, and have found that less is more with this potent kava. It is a serious anxiety buster and mind/body relaxant. (y)

The 20g Kava Kwik sample that I received from Kava Kauai/RealKava was just enough for me to be sure that I'll be ordering this instant kava again in a bigger size. IMO, its heady and heavy effects were quite pronounced. I definitely felt an uplifting calm come over me while drinking. All was well in life. I started off with 1tsp, but found the sweet spot at 2.5-3tsp per drink.