What's new

Hi all - Newbie here with a question!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi all still working on a breakthrough and crossing my fingers - quick question, this is sort of answered in the FAQ's but wanted to ask here - is it safe for me to take any amount of Kava? I'm now trying two heaping tablespoons at a time to see if I can feel any affect. Are there any safety issues to consider?
The big issue with kava dosing is nausea. It's best to wait a period of time between doses to allow the good stuff to kick in. Most people say small doses every 15 to 30 mins works for them. I prefer a large dose then wait 45 mins to an hour and go again and have only 2 doses (maybe 3 on a weekend) per session. If you're not feeling anything from the kava then you're probably best to try 1 tablespoon every 30 mins or so and keep going as long as your stomach feels ok. Unfortunately you probably have to have a little bit too much and feel unwell once or twice to find the parameters for you but once you're past that you'll be fine. There is technically no overdose level for kava that can be quantified other than by trial and error but I've definitely overdone it a few times and regretted it. It will get easier with time and don't forget you have a whole forum full of new friends to ask for help.

Nola111

Kava Curious
Ok everyone, I finally got the Makakea to have a noticeable effect on me. i don't know to what degree this is what it's all about, but I did two heaping tablespoons in about 4 oz of water on an empty stomach and I'm finally feeling it. It's a feeling of relaxation, slightly mild euphoria - and you know the movie Office Space? How the main character after he gets hypnotized just flat-out doesn't care anymore about his job and does what he wants when we wants. That's how i feel right now at work. Almost like I could just walk out for the day and not give a sh*t. I would say that's not a good thing, but I also know I'm not really going to do it :)

Anyway, I'd like to take some more in 30 minutes to see if the effects increase - the above-mentioned are all very mild right now. And side-note, the Moi does nothing for me still. Mahakea is where it's at, it appears. What do you all think of another tablespoon in 30 mins or so?

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I am guessing that my comment is a bit too late, but try to keep to smaller doses at work. Too much can make you rather lazy. I take it at work, but in small doses. It also makes me want a nap sometimes. On the other hand, when I keep to low doses it really helps me not to get stressed out as much.

Nola111

Kava Curious
Thanks IDK - you are right about it making you lazy at high doses! I will keep trying the smaller doses to see if I can feel anything, but as of yet, the larger dose is the only way I can notice any effect. I'll keep experimenting in any case.

S

Summer

Oftentimes I feel like a heavyweight as it takes me more to feel effects also. I have started with 2 level tablespoons of instant and waited about half hour, and then I will take another level tablespoon.

Ultimately, you have to experience with what works well for you...keeping in mind that even the exact same dosage may vary greatly depending on the day and how you are feeling.