What's new

Hi all

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I'm new to kava--so far I've tried the Yogi Tea, the KavaKava candy, Kalm Concentrate and BulaKava's Instant.
I'm aiming to transition from alcohol to kava. I drink to transition into sleep.
So far, I haven't noticed much of an effect from the kava and I'm guessing it's the reverse tolerance.
I ordered up some of the extracts from Paradise Kava but I'm thinking it will be more economical to wait until I'm actually feeling something to use them.
I also ordered some Borogu and think I'll start by trying a traditional brew.

kavaface

Kava Curious
hey, im new to so im not much of a welcome, lol Toleracne can be different for everyone.. my frist time drinking kava i did get some effects but it was so slight i wasnt even sure if should drink it again, but i did... i had 2-3 shells every night. finally week 3 it hit me and hit me hard.. just give it time and dont mess with the extracts yet.. get a very cheap pound since your not gonna feel much any way and break thur by taking some every night and it will come.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Yeah, I was/am excited to try the extracts but I don't want to waste them. I've been looking at prep methods and will keep trying the borogu til I get some noticeable effects.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I had a better experience using the powdered kava--borogu from Paradise Kava. But it wasn't enough to put me to sleep. For the first time, I definitely felt effects, just not as sedating as I'd like. If anyone has suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
The thing about kava is that it enhances the quality of sleep... the vividness and frequency of dreams... but it doesn't seem to enhance the quantity of sleep. My personal recommendation would be to add either another lactone like valerian root, or go with an antihistamine with sedative effects like doxylamine succinate.

kavaface

Kava Curious
Kava doesnt make me sleepy, i get a bit of an energy boost. i don't think its really good for trying to sleep, but this just might be me.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Thanks for the recommendation, Prince Philip--I'll check those out.
I use a fitbit to track my sleep, so I should be able to see if it at least improves the quality of my sleep (alas, last night it needed charging.)

blindy107

Kava Lover
Thanks for the recommendation, Prince Philip--I'll check those out.
I use a fitbit to track my sleep, so I should be able to see if it at least improves the quality of my sleep (alas, last night it needed charging.)
Robot!

Boroguru is my best sleepy time kava personally. The micro from GHK made me yawn constantly!

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Lol! Not a robot!
I'm giving the borogu another shot tonight. I might have to order a sampler to see what I like best. Thanks for the recommendations :)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Lol! Not a robot!
That's exactly what you would say...if you were a robot!

For sleep, a strong Vanuatu is best, I second the boroguru recommendation (all the vendors on here who carry boroguru are good) I find I'll get to sleep easier if I've had some, although it doesn't measurably improve the quality of my sleep.

Jayy

Kava Curious
Boroguru is awesome for sleep. I thought when I first read that Kava would help me sleep that it'd be like pot and I'd just pass out but in reality I now either have crazy vivid dreams or I just wake up to my alarm feeling like I slept like a freakin rock! But it's always been a refreshing sleep for me. I used to toss and turn and wake up every few hours but not with kava lol

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I will keep experimenting with what I've got an will place an order for boroguru. My quality of sleep is improving, and the dreams have been interesting. I must have been thirsty last night cause I was dreaming about ice water. LOTS of it. Here's my sleep record for last night. Better than usual (but it's always good when I can sleep in).
sleep.jpg

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I will keep experimenting with what I've got an will place an order for boroguru. My quality of sleep is improving, and the dreams have been interesting. I must have been thirsty last night cause I was dreaming about ice water. LOTS of it. Here's my sleep record for last night. Better than usual (but it's always good when I can sleep in). View attachment 2278
What type of device are you using? That's some interesting stuff right there.