What's new

Hi friends!

Heya! I have been reading and watching this forum for some time prior to recently joining. I have been suffering from anxiety since I can remember, unfortunately it wasn't diagnosed until around 2003. I have been on and off several prescription drugs, Buspar, Xanax, Lexapro, etc. Currently I take Xanax as sparingly as possible, as it makes me so slow at work. For nearly my entire life, I've juggled with the anxiety, although at the time, I didn't know what it was. I've tried prescription (and non prescription) drugs, therapy, yoga, meditation, self help books, Eckhardt Tolle, "living in the present moment"....however, sometimes the present moment is so overwhelming that I want to hide, jump off a bridge or just plain get drunk. There are days I seriously look around me and just cannot get my mind around it all. What the hell is happening? Where is my life going? I have all this money and stuff, but who cares? It's just stuff!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I just got to the breaking point. Completely unadulterated by any substance, I just felt that I just couldn't do it anymore. I did some financial planning and was ready to just die. I'm a research nerd, so I researched it. I googled things like "when you just can't handle the anxiety anymore", "when xanax doesn't work" etc. And somehow, someway, I found you. I found @Deleted User, @Deleted User01, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (chris), @Kapmcrunk, @verticity (purple line guy), doug @Kavasseur, @Winpig, @roadhog, judd @Bula Kava House and more.... I just can't remember all of your handles.

I've been reading your opinions, your advice, your experiences, and even went back to before 2013 and found kavalounge.yuku (like I said, total research nerd...I am that person that will go through 100+ pages of a google search). And I want to thank you. I haven't tried any Kava yet. I almost ordered from KKF, since they popped up first in the google search... but I'm so glad that I did not after reading about everything. I ended up ordering some micro 11 year waka & instant kava from Judd at BKH, micro mahakea & kava chocolate (can't pass up CHOCOLATE ANYTHING!) from Chris at GHK and the kava kava candy (want something easy and discrete for work) from Ozia. I have yet to receive any kava products and it should all be delivered sometime next week.

I just wanted you all to know that I greatly appreciate everything you have built here. I finally do not feel so alone anymore. I hope kava works for me as it has for so many, but for the first time in my life, I realize I am not alone. I alone haven't been the only one in AA meetings thinking, "No, it's really not about the booze, but the anxiety." I am not alone in "having everything" and none of it matters when the anxiety takes over. I am not alone in "runaway thoughts that seem crazy to others, but make perfect sense to me". Just knowing that I am not as crazy as I first thought, and I am not alone relieved some anxiety!

So thank you again. I look forward to getting to know you (or maybe you getting to know me? as I feel like I know you all already, haha!). And I look forward to a solution to this life debilitating anxiety. (y)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Heya! I have been reading and watching this forum for some time prior to recently joining. I have been suffering from anxiety since I can remember, unfortunately it wasn't diagnosed until around 2003. I have been on and off several prescription drugs, Buspar, Xanax, Lexapro, etc. Currently I take Xanax as sparingly as possible, as it makes me so slow at work. For nearly my entire life, I've juggled with the anxiety, although at the time, I didn't know what it was. I've tried prescription (and non prescription) drugs, therapy, yoga, meditation, self help books, Eckhardt Tolle, "living in the present moment"....however, sometimes the present moment is so overwhelming that I want to hide, jump off a bridge or just plain get drunk. There are days I seriously look around me and just cannot get my mind around it all. What the hell is happening? Where is my life going? I have all this money and stuff, but who cares? It's just stuff!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I just got to the breaking point. Completely unadulterated by any substance, I just felt that I just couldn't do it anymore. I did some financial planning and was ready to just die. I'm a research nerd, so I researched it. I googled things like "when you just can't handle the anxiety anymore", "when xanax doesn't work" etc. And somehow, someway, I found you. I found @Deleted User, @Deleted User01, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (chris), @Kapmcrunk, @verticity (purple line guy), doug @Kavasseur, @Winpig, @roadhog, judd @Bula Kava House and more.... I just can't remember all of your handles.

I've been reading your opinions, your advice, your experiences, and even went back to before 2013 and found kavalounge.yuku (like I said, total research nerd...I am that person that will go through 100+ pages of a google search). And I want to thank you. I haven't tried any Kava yet. I almost ordered from KKF, since they popped up first in the google search... but I'm so glad that I did not after reading about everything. I ended up ordering some micro 11 year waka & instant kava from Judd at BKH, micro mahakea & kava chocolate (can't pass up CHOCOLATE ANYTHING!) from Chris at GHK and the kava kava candy (want something easy and discrete for work) from Ozia. I have yet to receive any kava products and it should all be delivered sometime next week.

I just wanted you all to know that I greatly appreciate everything you have built here. I finally do not feel so alone anymore. I hope kava works for me as it has for so many, but for the first time in my life, I realize I am not alone. I alone haven't been the only one in AA meetings thinking, "No, it's really not about the booze, but the anxiety." I am not alone in "having everything" and none of it matters when the anxiety takes over. I am not alone in "runaway thoughts that seem crazy to others, but make perfect sense to me". Just knowing that I am not as crazy as I first thought, and I am not alone relieved some anxiety!

So thank you again. I look forward to getting to know you (or maybe you getting to know me? as I feel like I know you all already, haha!). And I look forward to a solution to this life debilitating anxiety. (y)
We're here to help. As a vendor I legally can't say that kava will help with your anxiety, but I can say that a lot of people use it for that. Many members here can attest to that. I'm sorry for your suffering, and that's one reason we're so passionate about kava. We know how many people it helps. I hope kava works for you.

In any case, welcome to the forums. Keep your head up, and let me know if I can help in any way.

We're pretty quick on the draw most of the time so your kava should arrive in no time.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Welcome home ::hugsmiley:: & to the forums!! :) I too love this place and am always eager to contribute in anyway possible, I am glad you found this little corner of the internet where everyone is so friendly and supportive of each other. I can identify with you in so many levels. Kava has opened up a world of possibilities I never thought I would be able to achieve without pharmaceuticals. Give it time and enjoy the journey. :)

KavaKitty

Meaow
Welcome! I also suffer from hideous anxiety (along with PTSD) and that's the very reason I tried kava in the first place. I almost didn't continue with it, because I got some shitty supplements from GNC and some shitty tea, but I found this forum a little while ago and I've been happy ever since. Don't let "reverse tolerance" get you down, if it happens; just stick with it, and you'll be very happy that you did. I can now get out of bed and face my day without fear, and that's huge for me.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Wow, I can totally relate to a lot of your experiences. I'm fairly certain we're all glad to have found this place and are happy to have you with us.

Bienvenidos, aloha and pull up a hammock. ::tipshat::

Give us an update on how your kava experience is going. I hope kava gives you some form of relief to your issues.:)
Thank you for the inquiry! I've been drinking kava for about a week now. The instant and micro really bothered my stomach. I just tried @Squanch72 's Lawena medium grind and it's fabulous! No stomach queasiness at all! I definitely have no desire for any wine nightcaps or xanax. I believe it's helping me a lot! I definitely gotta send a shout out to @Winpig for all of his advice and help. He's been like a mentor to me! I think I may have given up on kava if he hadn't checked in on me and answered so many of my questions.

Again, it goes to how great the people on this forum seem to be. (y)

Abbas

Kava Curious
@Louie1957 Glad to here everything is working out for you now! Everyone really is phenominal here. It's a very positive and caring group of individuals from what I've experienced so far.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
@Louie1957 your post made my day. I too came to Kava due to anxiety and not being able to shut off the "Thinker". I would lay in bed most of the night not being able to sleep well as the " Thinker" was running my life. Luckily I found Kava right before I was going to ask my neurologist for Xanax. Thank you Google and Kava Forums, you really helped me dodge that Xanax bullet.
So glad my Lawena is easy on your stomach and that Kava is giving you some much needed relief from anxiety.
:happy:::happyshell::

foxycleo

Kava Curious
hi all , I am new to this but too suffer with anxiety , I ordered some kava tablets , but I am wondering if the tea is better? I have take a few with no real effects , today I took 2 tablets together.
I am from uk , where is the best place to buy the tea and which one do you recommend as the tablets do not seem to be working , or do I need to keep taking them as I read about the reverse tolerance.
thanks and sorry to cut in on your thread!

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
hi all , I am new to this but too suffer with anxiety , I ordered some kava tablets , but I am wondering if the tea is better? I have take a few with no real effects , today I took 2 tablets together.
I am from uk , where is the best place to buy the tea and which one do you recommend as the tablets do not seem to be working , or do I need to keep taking them as I read about the reverse tolerance.
From my experience and if i were you i'd dump the tablets. If you need some kava ASAP order from these:- http://globalkavaexports.com/
I have tried their kava before but i didn't prepare it properly so i basically wasted it......
The Malekula Magic gets good reviews from what i've read on this forum.
I drink kava 3-4 nights a week and it's great for my Anxiety as without it i can't settle down of an evening as my head is running at 100mph and sleeping can be a problem also.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
hi there +welcome,ive been using kava for 8 years now and like you started with tablets.my advice is if you live in the uk order from gek and start with there instant kava as you just stir in a teaspoon in your tea or juice whichever then progress to powder+blend your own.theres lots of different ways to take it eg in tea,if your like me+like a cuppa.youll notice the difference as tablets etc are quite weak.if you need futher advice don't hesitate to get in touch,im happy to help in any way I can.

Cody

Kava Curious
Thank you for the inquiry! I've been drinking kava for about a week now. The instant and micro really bothered my stomach. I just tried @Squanch72 's Lawena medium grind and it's fabulous! No stomach queasiness at all! I definitely have no desire for any wine nightcaps or xanax. I believe it's helping me a lot! I definitely gotta send a shout out to @Winpig for all of his advice and help. He's been like a mentor to me! I think I may have given up on kava if he hadn't checked in on me and answered so many of my questions.

Glad to hear it's working out for you. I'm relatively new to Kava too (about 2 months or so) and can definitely relate to some of the issues you've mentioned. What would you say the best dosage is for you?

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Welcome to the tribe. ::happyshell::

I also drink kava to help with anxiety. Works for me.(y)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Hey you, haven't seen you in a while, how's the kava journey been? Hope all is well :)