What's new

Hi

Tholman

Kava Curious
Yes, hello. I'm a new norwegian kava explorer. I've had a tiny look at these forums, and a longer look at kava as a subject/substance. What really intrigues me with this plant is its potential beneficial effects coupled by (apparent) miniscule risk and side effects. Well, the risk part is a little more discussable in my case, seeing that Norway is incredibly strict when it comes to substances/medicine/things that affect your mind in a certain way that isn't under governmental and/or approved big pharma control. Basically, Kava Kava is not for legal sale here, and is only allowed for people that have a prescription for it. Getting that does not seem like an easy pickle. So, buying kava online means I am at the mercy of customs clearance, hoping that they do not destroy my precious kava package or, in worst case, report it to the authorities.

So far I've managed to get one package of two pill boxes of kava through from a site called Biovea, my first attempt. While I think I may have noticed some effect, it was too subtle to be worth the money and risk. However, I am aware of the reverse tolerance deal, and although the company stated 250mg of kavalactones per capsule, I have no real clue of its quality. At one point I was chomping about 8-12 of those suckers in a short timeframe to try to create a noticable effect, but to little avail. Yes, chomp. I chewed the pills with the extract, wanting a more immediate effect, as well as getting an actual taste of the root. I'm confident a real, viscous, bitter kava drink made the traditional way would not make me shy away as I can handle a rough taste. : - J

I'm not giving up this fight that easily though. I have ordered a kilo from an european site called Gomoa.net. European vendors are really hard to come by in my experience (suggestions appreciated), and I've also looked to the kavaforums for this. My thinking here is that european vendors within the EU will be less suspected of potential illegal imports. Any and all other suggestions regarding my.. circumstances, are also appreciated. I have a feeling the quality of kava Gomoa provides might not be the best, to put it mildly. I might have to resort to US vendors for that.

This became a bit longer than intented. I guess I made this because I feel that Kava potentially brings more with it than a medicine for your consciousness. It also seems like it brings people together. So, I wanted to share a little bit of me and acknowledge what seems like a great community from my little impression. Will be typing my next post from jail. Cheers!

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The shipment has been sorted and forwarded.
2017-12-15 14:00, 1470 LØRENSKOG

Tholman

Kava Curious
To top it off, my two-pound "mystery meat" Fiji Supreme Kava powder from Gomoa is finally in motion: https://gomoa.net/kava-kava-piper-methysticum/fiji-supreme-kava-powder-p-4515.html

If anything it might help me break the reverse tolerance, seeing as it's a weird mixture of micronized kava and CO2 extract (gulp). I ordered four quarter pound bags, four bags of cocoa beans and a bag of goji berries as the cherry on top. Kava, cocoa.. almost the same word, right? Customs won't suspect a thing.

Tholman

Kava Curious
Awesome! You got it. Have a relaxing Christmas.
I think I've felt more positive effects from two heaped tablespoons of Borogu than 10-12 capsules of Eurovital 250 mg kavalactones per capsule did. If anything those pills mainly made me more tired. This is different. Very interesting. I'm three tbs borogu and one tbs pouni ono in. I've yet to dare waste any 11 year waka, but I feel like I might try a spoon.

Great products, Edward. For anyone looking to buy kava in Europe I highly recommend this vendor on all accounts. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
11 yr Waka is a crazy strain or mix of strain whatever the case may be.
It hits hard and then you sleep but it's very heady !

However it seems to be one of the most varied response's of kava's on the forum .
Enjoy. No more than 1 tablespoon at once with the kava .. then see how ya feel and try more. I'd why but that stuff just always crept up on me when I had it lol .

Tholman

Kava Curious
11 yr Waka is a crazy strain or mix of strain whatever the case may be.
It hits hard and then you sleep but it's very heady !

However it seems to be one of the most varied response's of kava's on the forum .
Enjoy. No more than 1 tablespoon at once with the kava .. then see how ya feel and try more. I'd why but that stuff just always crept up on me when I had it lol .
Let me tell you.. might have overdone my maiden voyage. Did one 11one year followed by two pouni spoons. Maybe some more in there, cant remember. The last spoon with very little water. Slight nausea but I'm good. I'm also quite influenced. These later effects crept up on me, hit me later than expected This is great news, really. A confirmation for my body and brain that this plant really does something to you. I'm also definitely not completely reversely tolerant, that's for sure. A great second start to this journey.

Last edited: