What's new

Hi

Tholman

Kava Curious

The last time I enjoyed this album was when I was at rehabilitation for alcohol and lifestyle problems. Before that when I was drinking alcohol. Now, finally, with kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur

The last time I enjoyed this album was when I was at rehabilitation for alcohol and lifestyle problems. Before that when I was drinking alcohol. Now, finally, with kava.
Great album. Steven Wilson recently did a really great 5.1 surround remix. I still listen to my 8-track tape of this album. It's a brilliant classic.

Congrats on the pleasant introduction to kava. Remember, you really can't go too wrong, as long as you don't try to drive or juggle chainsaws or whatever. If you don't feel right, just drink more water, lie down, and wait for the feeling to pass and then you'll be fine. And then just go more carefully next time. You'll soon find what is right for you.

Tholman

Kava Curious
I want to be careful not to use insufficient descriptions of what the kava does to me. This is beyond much of my vocabulary. This is truly incredible.

A Plague of Lighthouse Krunkers

Farmer

Just finished listening to Songs From The Wood, might have to pop this record on...

Tholman

Kava Curious
Right, got the four 250g bags of gomoa mystery kava along with some "decor". Pics below for those who are interested. It smells just fine, but my nose is highly inexperienced. A noob's nose. Hoping for the best. Expiry date is in 2019 according to one of the bags..
IMG_20180102_203541.jpg
IMG_20180102_203559.jpg
IMG_20180102_203950.jpg
IMG_20180102_203654.jpg

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I want to be careful not to use insufficient descriptions of what the kava does to me. This is beyond much of my vocabulary. This is truly incredible.

A Plague of Lighthouse Krunkers
I used to be in a band that did a cover version of Theme One, which was on the US release of Pawn Hearts but not the UK release, where it was just a single only. Saw them in 76 at the Beacon Theater in NY. Great show.

PS of course, that is Robert Fripp doing the guitar solo at the end of that song..... (starting at 21:15)

"All things are a part......" good kava vibe

Last edited:

Tholman

Kava Curious
I used to be in a band that did a cover version of Theme One, which was on the US release of Pawn Hearts but not the UK release, where it was just a single only. Saw them in 76 at the Beacon Theater in NY. Great show.

PS of course, that is Robert Fripp doing the guitar solo at the end of that song..... (starting at 21:15)

"All things are a part......" good kava vibe
Now that's awesome. Gotta listen to it now. Didn't know about Fripp. I know very little about bands in general, really. I just come across a song or get recommended one and some of them really stick to me, like this one.

wassie

Chris Wass
Hey @Tholman
Out of curiosity how did the Gomoa Mystery Kava hold up in contrast to the other Kava's you've tried so far?
All The Best :)

Tholman

Kava Curious
Hey @Tholman
Out of curiosity how did the Gomoa Mystery Kava hold up in contrast to the other Kava's you've tried so far?
All The Best :)
Curiosity is always welcome. It definitely seems potent. Don't need more than a spoon to feel effects. Somewhat relaxing, socially lubricating as they say. But I don't think it's as good as kalm with kavas borogu, for instance. Also, what I don't like is the little hard bits in the powder that breaks into hard little speckles. Makes it harder to toss and wash and can only be broken down so far by hand and spoon.