What's new

Hipster Kava?

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Artisanal kava, lol.

In my humble opinion, ANYONE selling kava either at a kava bar or online should be getting their root tested and approved by T.K. Group Labs for nobility. I do occasionally get kava that doesn't have the TK seal on it, but I don't feel 100% about it when I do. I would feel much better about the state of things if every vendor were getting vetted nobility tests done.

And, no offense Deleted User, but it doesn't have to only be T.K. Labs, if there are others who also do the same thing. However I'm not aware of anyone else who does the same tests or to the same level of scientific rigor. Right now, TK is the creme de la creme. If it has the seal, I feel good about it.

I am really drawn to the roots (pardon the pun) of Kava in general. The history of it. The sacred context. It is just so cool to me. It's connection to the earth and the islands is just so amazing. It is going to be hard to see the ever increasing Western spin on it and see it evolve (at times) into other tangents. It kinda reminds me of how traditional meditations have become so distorted in our culture. BUT, if it helps people. Then that is what matters. But, I always want to make sure that it represents that original context for me. To each is own though.

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
I wish them the best of luck! Its nice seeing Kava bars popping up around the country, as long as they dont mix or associate the kava with K@.
They could have some racks with badass sunglasses for sale and refuse to turn down the lights.
"Buy a pair of shades, and the first shells on us!"
:D

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I wish them the best of luck! Its nice seeing Kava bars popping up around the country, as long as they dont mix or associate the kava with K*****.
They could have some racks with badass sunglasses for sale and refuse to turn down the lights.
"Buy a pair of shades, and the first shells on us!"
:D
Agreed, wish them the best of luck too. At the same time you have to be open to constructive criticism - my only one at this point would be to turn that goddamn lightning down. ;)