What's new

Hipster Kava?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm sure they'll turn the lights down once everything gets going, but for pictures....gotta have the lumens on max. Also judging by the lights hanging above the bar, it most likely will be pretty dim in there.

Edit: I asked them via instagram what their plan on lighting was. Probably the most oddly specific question on there.

Speaking of lighting. Check out a free program for your computer called Flux. I couldn't live without it now. It lowers the blue spectrum of the screen and tones it down bigtime. It can also match the cycles of the day. I am behind a computer all day and couldn't live without it now. I turn it off sometimes and think, "how in the world did I live without this before."
Little off topic. But, it may help some folks with really obnoxious lighting!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I'm in western new york and it's amazing outside for us right now . Couldn't tell ya degrees but I dropped my car off up the street at the auto shop and enjoyed the walk home . For Feb in Buffalo that's quite refreshing lol buffalo is living proof of greenhouse effect lol

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I'm in western new york and it's amazing outside for us right now . Couldn't tell ya degrees but I dropped my car off up the street at the auto shop and enjoyed the walk home . For Feb in Buffalo that's quite refreshing lol buffalo is living proof of greenhouse effect lol
Mother Earth will delouse us one way or another.

I will be happy as long as I never see advertisements on the shells themselves. That would be my line. lol

BrooklynKava

Kava Curious
Hey guys, just saw this thread. We now have a kava bar in Brooklyn that just opened, but we no longer make the bottled drinks due to some regulatory issues(which I would be happy to discuss if anyone is interested as I see some other kava companies doing things that are not compliant with regulations.)
We have sent samples from shipments to TK labs in the past and plan on continuing to do so.

BrooklynKava

Kava Curious
Ouch, just looking at that picture on my computer hurts my eyes. They need some light brown colored walls or something. Looks pretty nice besides that.
Haha, that picture was during the construction process, so the interior looks a bit different now(we don't have the same light fixtures) I think the filter I used made it appear brighter than it actually was. We will turn the brightness down. One thing is we serve coffee during the morning so we have somewhat different hours than a lot of kava bars.

verticity

I'm interested in things
literally has photo of kale with the kava :rolleyes:
i actually think the emergence and prosperity of kava bars around the states is in the hands of hipsters.
Let us all take a careful look in the mirror at this point. If we don't see anything, then we are vampires. :)

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Haha, that picture was during the construction process, so the interior looks a bit different now(we don't have the same light fixtures) I think the filter I used made it appear brighter than it actually was. We will turn the brightness down. One thing is we serve coffee during the morning so we have somewhat different hours than a lot of kava bars.
Thanks for the reply @BrooklynKava , and welcome to the forum! Best of luck to you guys as you get going. :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
I don't see my reflection in the mirror, but I think that's only because of it being obscured by a cloud of skin flakes.
I wasn't singling anyone out, just trying to point out "hipster" is defined as "Someone younger than yourself who tries too hard to be trendy. Or tries too hard to be the opposite of trendy. Or tries to be something, and doesn't get it quite right. Or right at all." I don't really see the point in hating on such people, because we all probably used to be like that to some extent, it's kind of part and parcel with youth. (But old hipsters: feel free to hate away..(no don't))

But, seriously...
Peanuts-Pigpen1.jpg

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I wasn't singling anyone out, just trying to point out "hipster" is defined as "Someone younger than yourself who tries too hard to be trendy. Or tries too hard to be the opposite of trendy. Or tries to be something, and doesn't get it quite right. Or right at all." I don't really see the point in hating on such people, because we all probably used to be like that to some extent, it's kind of part and parcel with youth. (But old hipsters: feel free to hate away..(no don't))

But, seriously...
View attachment 5289
I think there's some hipster backlash these days because the word no longer implies any broad definition or a small number of genuinely unique individuals. There has become a very specific pre-packaged, look, style, personality, set of likes & dislikes that now define the modern "hipster". Any true, natural hipster-types, that arrived at that lifestyle outside of current trends or peer pressure are now vastly outnumbered by the johnny-come-lately types. When any movement grows too large, it's bound to acquire more and more detractors. I find it especially humorous in the case of Hipsters now, because the whole style was based off being opposed to popular trends, yet it has now risen to the top of the mainstream. Popular and filled with bandwagonism. This very fact should cause so much self-loathing within it's community, according to it's own doctrine. :D

Analysis aside, I don't think anyone really has beef with hipsters. They're just a new, easy, soft target to hit that no one will be overly offended by. Like making wife or in-law jokes.