What's new

How does kava feel in very high doses ?

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Well if you try, space out those shells. Chugging high volumes will most likely bring it all back up.
Always worth experimenting how far certain roots can take you, best case a great krunk.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I have some savu savu waka.. How would it feel if I drank a lot?
When I read your posts, I get the feeling you've already had really high doses.

But if not, I'd say high doses typically cause excess nausea and heavy sedation. However, if you happen to not be prone nausea, or you get past it easily, high dose kava will eventually hit a point where it feels like a flood gate of kava effects suddenly opens up, it might start with a ring in your ear or a tickle in your stomach, then an enjoyable flush of skin sensitivity creeps through your body, breathing begins to feel slow, metered and enjoyable. A smile will emerge on your face, complete comfortability of your surroundings will take hold and you'll get into a content meditative state where sitting back and doing nothing but taking notice of how comfy and enjoyable everything is, is all you'll want to do. Your head will be swimming, with a silly spinniness, if you walk you'll be a bit sloppy and your eyes will probably have some vision lag and a little looseness to them. This could go on for about 20-60 minutes gradually fading back to a more standard relaxed kava state. You'll feel completely satisfied with the experience and probably knock out cold soon after.

Good luck getting there, it only hits me like that once in a blue moon, and it's particularly hard to achieve with dried kava. Your personal biochemistry also plays a large role in how kava will effect you.

Last edited:
N

Noname

I feel relaxed and a little mentally stimulated,warm,peaceful, connected, a sense of cmystery,floaty,cosmicy mystical and even nostalgic lol feel like watching rocket power or something it's a good feeling and I shall continue drinking and ofcourse sedated lol

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
If it's Fiji waka around 3 table spoons
While that's definitely enough to feel effects, but you could up that dose safely. Try 5, see how you react and go from there. I usually do 8tbs with a second wash in 1 litre. Usually gets me right where I want to be, in that zone shakas describes.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
When I drink a lot I feel good but I get to a pound where it feels overdone, sleepy, content, but bloated and kinda sloppy.

KrunkMunster

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered some squanch waka and drank a bunch of it because I didn't realize it was a very strong kava. I don't recall the number of shells, but it was probably twice as much as I should have drank. I didn't like the feeling. The room was starting to spin, stomach felt upset, and I felt kind of anxious.

I really don't like kava in very high levels. It took me awhile to find my zone, but I prefer to stay in that or below it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I ordered some squanch waka and drank a bunch of it because I didn't realize it was a very strong kava. I don't recall the number of shells, but it was probably twice as much as I should have drank. I didn't like the feeling. The room was starting to spin, stomach felt upset, and I felt kind of anxious.

I really don't like kava in very high levels. It took me awhile to find my zone, but I prefer to stay in that or below it.
Yes, same for me... I think you have to push your boundaries at first to find out just how good it can be and a handful of times you're almost certainly going to go too far and give yourself some pretty major nausea and possibly bring it back. Fortunately I have never done that but I've felt close a few times. These days I seem to be able to keep myself the right side of the whole body super nausea and just keep myself comfortable and happy without any major discomfort. It just takes time and practice.

Hill60

Kava Curious
Yes, same for me... I think you have to push your boundaries at first to find out just how good it can be and a handful of times you're almost certainly going to go too far and give yourself some pretty major nausea and possibly bring it back. Fortunately I have never done that but I've felt close a few times. These days I seem to be able to keep myself the right side of the whole body super nausea and just keep myself comfortable and happy without any major discomfort. It just takes time and practice.
I use nausea as a signal to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hill60

Kava Curious
I fight the nausea till I cant anymore. I probably take it too far, but man I love pushing past it and getting to the point where walking becomes funny.
Walking on clouds, last time I went to Fiji, stayed in a cheap hotel, my wife complained she couldn't sleep.

I always drink a lot when I catch up with my brother in law, at least 20-25 shells of good waka, walking up the concrete stairs was like stepping on pillows, the bed was like floating on a cloud, slept soundly all night, a bit fuzzy headed next morning, then headed to brother in laws to repeat.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I use nausea as a signal to stop.

I seem not too bad at judging the point where enough is enough... any more will bring on nausea. I strain quite well which helps. I think the biggest thing I had to learn is that kava has a delayed effect and adding multiple shells when I'm already feeling really good will not lead to any good. Interesting to hear about your 20 to 25 shell sessions though, you're a step beyond me in experience! I'm guessing it's pretty thin stuff though? I mix strong and keep it to 2 to 4 shells depending on the kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
for me high dose means vertigo, distorted vision, a need to sit down and stay still, not do anything or go anywhere, and a need to wait for it to pass. It's not a particularly good feeling, though it does have its charms. I like that you can trust kava to wear off quickly and dump you back in the room before too long.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
for me high dose means vertigo, distorted vision, a need to sit down and stay still, not do anything or go anywhere, and a need to wait for it to pass. It's not a particularly good feeling, though it does have its charms. I like that you can trust kava to wear off quickly and dump you back in the room before too long.
This is exactly how I would describe it, I don't particularly like feeling that way. Sometimes I get there by underestimating how krunked I already am.