What's new

How does kava feel in very high doses ?

N

Noname

I don't think nausea means to stop drinking.. Sometimes your stomach is really empty or you didn't use a proper strainer and some strains just cause more nausea than others.. sensitive stomach etc

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I don't think nausea means to stop drinking.. Sometimes your stomach is really empty or you didn't use a proper strainer and some strains just cause more nausea than others.. sensitive stomach etc
Generally speaking nausea or any other discomfort is your body's way of telling you something is wrong, so it's a safe bet that 99% of the times one should listen to these signals. I suppose you could ignore this and throw up later. I learned this lesson the hard way with kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I find kava always gently whispers in my ear that I've had enough when it's that time but if I pretend not to listen kava yells at me not to be an idiot through the magic of nausea or gagging. Kava usually only raises its voice at me on a 4th or 5th shell towards the end of a long sesh.

Hill60

Kava Curious
I've been drinking fairly regularly for twenty years, my brother in law in Fiji gets good Waka Kava direct from the growers on Koro Island as roots, it's good, strong clean Kava, a session with him starts around 10 in the morning stop for a bit of lunch, have bit of a nap in the shade of a mango tree, then start again around 3 go until 1 am or so.

I'm very experienced, have never vomited on Kava, I just know when to stop.

We use 4-5 heaped tablespoons per bowl made in the traditional way, squeezed in a cloth.

I use a bag made by a tailor friend, a double layer of silk sari material, it's gone stiff with use.

I do heavy physical work and find Kava works wonders on relaxing sore muscles.

I usually only drink on weekends, I have a bowl with a lid and usually drink half Friday, put it in the fridge and drink the rest on Saturday.

Yay, I've restocked (which is hard in Australia).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hill60

Kava Curious
The colour may give you some idea of the strength I drink, 4 heaped tablespoons to a bowl...

This is pretty good, had four shells, buzzing nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk