What's new

How often do you drink it ?

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I have found for myself that I need to drink it at least every other day. Like Monday, Wednesday, Friday etc. If I don't and leave a two day gap, like Monday, Thursday the beneficial effects wear off and I don't feel good. For me the beneficial affects are feeling happier and not being depressed, having more energy ( I almost feel rejuvinated ) feeling peaceful and no insomnia. I know some people drink it every day, but is that too often ?

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
I have found for myself that I need to drink it at least every other day. Like Monday, Wednesday, Friday etc. If I don't and leave a two day gap, like Monday, Thursday the beneficial effects wear off and I don't feel good. For me the beneficial affects are feeling happier and not being depressed, having more energy ( I almost feel rejuvinated ) feeling peaceful and no insomnia. I know some people drink it every day, but is that too often ?
Ideally it is consumed moderately and very often daily in many Pacific Island communities.
There is a great deal of historical and current data to support this often repeated fact in these Forums.
I will be glad to site some if you are interested but the references are already somewhere in historical Postings.

Aquafina

Kava Curious
Daily now for me. Some days more and/or stronger than others. I thought I broke through reverse tolerance, but I still don't get very many effects, and nothing like what you describe, @AZcat . Only VERY mild, but still good. I've heard of lots of people drinking daily. I don't think it's too much. But they also say to listen to the kava and to your body. So I think you'll know if it's too much for you.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
Daily now for me. Some days more and/or stronger than others. I thought I broke through reverse tolerance, but I still don't get very many effects, and nothing like what you describe, @AZcat . Only VERY mild, but still good. I've heard of lots of people drinking daily. I don't think it's too much. But they also say to listen to the kava and to your body. So I think you'll know if it's too much for you.
I put the effects I feel down to the fact I am very sensitive to everything, and very much in tune with my mind/body status. Recognizing effects is about monitoring yourself and noticing changes. Its that simple.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I've been drinking daily lately (but not tonight); but I do think when I've drank every other day, it seemed even better.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I go through stages. On holiday with my girlfriend for the week I drank alcohol every night and no kava so we could eat more easily in the evening. Now I'm back I will most likely be kava daily for months. The longest I've done is about 3 months straight every day. If you keep it sensible then daily isn't going to do you any harm.